FA Performance Analyst
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
Support the delivery to England teams with world-leading performance analysis processes that support coaching decisions and improve player performance through analytical profiling, research, and evidence-based insight.
- Deliver the performance analysis blueprint to identified England development teams.
- Work as a vital component in the technical team to provide tactical solutions and robust metrics to optimise England team's playing philosophy and game plans.
- Produce regular player case studies and positional profiling projects to support evidence-based technical conversations around player form, selection, individual development, and team tactical decisions.
- Deliver tactical intelligence reports, metrics, and background information within an opposition analysis framework to deliver effective, consistent insights to inform a winning strategy for England teams.
- Contribute to key internal and external research projects which underpin future service development & provide insights to the coaching process
- Close & highly effective working relationships with coaching staff through capturing reliable and consistent data whilst contextualising it into tactical insights.
- Provide data, video and learning reports and resources through the extraction and visualisation of data sets to support preparation, reviews, and long-term strategic planning England teams.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or a related subject specialising in performance analysis
- Extensive experience in successfully delivering performance analysis services in elite sport
- High level knowledge of and proficiency in the use of sports analysis systems and other relevant technologies
- Excellent planning skills
- Master's degree in performance analysis or related discipline
- Data analysis & visualisation
- Knowledge of football and the requirements of international football
- Football coaching award
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.