Experts in the field of Transportation (m/f/d)
Would you like to be a hero and make the world a little better? Are you looking for a meaningful occupation and do you love sport? If you would also like to be part of a closely-knit team, then you're in exactly the right place! We – the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 – are looking for people like you! Together with you, we want to put together a thrilling major sports event that makes history.
As the organizers of the world's biggest inclusive sports event for people with and without intellectual disabilities, we are expecting around 7,000 athletes as well as Unified partners from 170 countries in Berlin from 17 to 25 June 2023. We are sending a worldwide signal with Special Olympics World Games: our goal is to make a sustainable contribution to an inclusive society and cause people to rethink things by hosting World Games and afterwards. With our hearts and our actions, we are committed to increasingly opening up sports clubs for people with intellectual disabilities and to continuing to promote sport in the service organizations for people with disabilities.
To strengthen our team in division ”Games Operations”, we are looking for 'Experts (m/f/d) in the field of Transportation' to join us from autumn 2022 onwards. The Operations Department provides the necessary infrastructure for the implementation of the World Games. This includes sports facilities and non-sport event venues, technical equipment, accommodation, catering, logistics, security and the recruitment and administration of volunteers.
As Transportation Expert (m/f/d) you report to the Transport, Arrivals & Departures, Senior Manager and are coresponsible for the management and implementation of the corresponding processes and are directly assigned to this Functional Area (FA). We hire at different levels (Trainee, Coordinator and/or Manager). The assignment is done by differentiation in the respective area of responsibility.
We would entrust you with fulfilling the following tasks:
- Support the development & implementation of the strategic concepts for transportation, airport/railway station arrivals/departures and fleet management.
- Planning and coordination of transportation processes to ensure arrivals in host town communities throughout Germany and subsequent transfer to Berlin
- Liaison and contracting with transportation and fleet providers, public transportation carriers and airport authorities
- Development of a transportation plan based on a bus shuttle system to transport athletes, officials and other key stakeholders from multiple hotel clusters to competition and special events
- Planning and coordination for all parking; both on-site and satellite lots for all competition and non-competition venues
- Collaborate with police, regulatory and road authorities to ensure smooth operations while minimizing impact on residents
- Plan and execute approval processes through official agencies to ensure road closures and parking restrictions are in place
- Addressing the needs of people with disabilities, which must also be included and planned for in the transportation strategy
- Develop contingency plans for arrival/departure and shuttle and fleet options in the event of delays or cancellations
- Assist with detailed cost control and optimization without compromising the quality of the event
- Ensure that TRA team is on target with regards to time and content
It would be outstanding if you can offer the following skills:
- Degree in event management, business administration or transport/logistics/traffic or a comparable qualification
- Experience in the organizational planning and implementation of (large) events, especially in the field of transportation
- Knowledge and experience in the fields of fleet management, public transport, airport procedures, parking management
- Proven ability and willingness to take leadership responsibility for a mediumsized, diverse team, including contractors, volunteers and temporary staff
- Proven ability to work effectively in groups of people from other disciplines and at different levels of the organization
- Experience in budget management
- Structured and efficient working method
- Persuasiveness and assertiveness
- Flexibility and binding appearance
- Communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to present clearly
- Sensitivity to the needs of participants and volunteers
- Ability and willingness to communicate in English and German language
Besides huge emotions and the immeasurable thanks of our athletes, we also offer you the opportunity…
- … to help organize a unique event at the heart of Europe
- … to deal with an extremely important range of social issues
- … to enjoy the greatest possible design freedom and personal responsibility
- … to get to know a gigantic network within the world of German sport
We are much more than a conventional major sports event. That's why we want you in all of your uniqueness, just as you are, with all of your facets. Here, everyone can be what and how he/she wants to be and is. We welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity.
Applicants with disabilities will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. Diversity management is an important element of our human resources policy. As a non-native German speaker, please don't hesitate to apply for this job offer. We are an open and transparent organization. Learn more about our general conditions.
Then we should get to know each other. Please send us your application documents.