Experts in the field of Accommodation (m/f/d)
Would you like to be a hero and make the world a little better? Are you looking for a meaningful occupation and do you love sport? If you would also like to be part of a closely-knit team, then you're in exactly the right place! We – the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 – are looking for people like you! Together with you, we want to put together a thrilling major sports event that makes history.
As the organizers of the world's biggest inclusive sports event for people with and without intellectual disabilities, we are expecting around 7,000 athletes as well as Unified partners from 170 countries in Berlin from 17 to 25 June 2023. We are sending a worldwide signal with Special Olympics World Games: our goal is to make a sustainable contribution to an inclusive society and cause people to rethink things by hosting World Games and afterwards.
With our hearts and our actions, we are committed to increasingly opening up sports clubs for people with intellectual disabilities and to continuing to promote sport in the service organizations for people with disabilities. To strengthen our team in division ,,Games Operations”, we are looking for 'Experts (m/f/d) in the field of Accommodation' to join us from 01.09.2022 onwards:
The Operations Department provides the necessary infrastructure for theimplementation of the World Games. This includes sports facilities and non-sport event venues, technical equipment, accommodation, catering, logistics, security and the recruitment and administration of volunteers. As Accommodation Expert (m/f/d) you report to the Accommodation Senior Manager and are co-responsible for the management and implementation of the corresponding processes assigned to this Functional Area (FA). We hire at different levels (Trainee, Coordinator and/or Manager). The assignment is done by differentiation in the respective area of responsibility.
We would entrust you with fulfilling the following tasks:
- Managing all hotel inventories based on contracted cancellation deadlines, assigned quota and actual needs for athletes, officials, honored guests and other groups of attendees within the World Games
- Liaising with relevant FAs and constituents to follow-up regularly on booking requests, existing bookings and cancellations
- Ensuring that the Accommodation team is connected to all relevant contact partners within the LOC (e.g. the Sports, Transportation, Delegation Management and Honored Guests departments)
- Assisting with the development of the booking process for all FAs and their constituent groups
- Helping creating key documents and templates for the Accommodation team to use during the World Games
- Liaising with the Finance FA to coordinate payments and invoicing with partner hotels and suppliers
- Developing and strengthening good working relationship with all accommodation partners to ensure maximum flexibility and smooth on-site
- Collecting data for transfer of knowledge information
It would be outstanding if you can offer the following skills:
- Completed degree in tourism, hospitality or hotel management
- Proven experience in the hotel or catering industry
- Very good German and English language skills (at least B2) and willingness to communicate in both languages internally and externally
- A friendly, proactive attitude, sense of responsibility, attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team
- Structured and efficient way of working
- Flexibility to support multiple different projects and adapt to varying requirements while meeting respective deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present clearly
- Proficiency with MS Office products
Besides huge emotions and the immeasurable thanks of our athletes, we also offer you the opportunity…
- … to help organize a unique event at the heart of Europe
- … to deal with an extremely important range of social issues
- … to enjoy the greatest possible design freedom and personal responsibility
- … to get to know a gigantic network within the world of German sport
We are much more than a conventional major sports event. That's why we want you in all of your uniqueness, just as you are, with all of your facets. Here, everyone can be what and how he/she wants to be and is.
Diversity management is an important element of our human resources policy. As a non-native German speaker, please don't hesitate to apply for this job offer. We welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity.
Applicants with an intellectual disability will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. We are an open and transparent organization. Learn more about our general conditions.
Then we should get to know each other. Please send us your application documents.