EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Zone West B (WAFU B)
Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- Leading the administration of the Zonal Union
- Act as a focal point and liaise between the CAF HQ, and Member Associations of the Zonal Unions.
Report to the Director of Member Associations
- Support CAF HQ in obtaining supporting documents from its Member Associations and communicate with the different MAs and Zonal Unions to receive the documents necessary for the payment of the annual subvention.
- Provide CAF with updates on the scheduled meetings and activities in the Zonal Union including but not limited to general assemblies, executive committee meetings, and any other activities.
- Establish, after consultation with the Zonal Union’s President, the agenda of the meetings of the General Assembly, the meetings of the Executive Board and the meetings of the ad hoc committees, draw up their respective minutes in due time and share them with CAF.
- Ensure the administration of the Zonal Union is managed in conformity with CAF standards and global financial governance best practices.
- Assist / coordinate / implement activities that contribute to Football Development in the Zonal Unions (such as Workshops, Courses, etc.) in coordination with CAF HQ.
- Ensure CAF regulations are respected by the different Member Associations of the Zonal Union and report any issues to CAF HQ.
- Organize at least one women’s competition and two youth competitions annually; any other Zonal Union competition requested by CAF
- Provide support to CAF in the elaboration of Zonal competition regulations and ensure they are being adhered to once they are approved
- Secure sponsors and generate revenues for the Zonal Union competitions
- Higher Education such as (Master’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management or equivalent)
- Extensive experience as a manager or director in the sports field, preferably football
- Experience in Event Coordination, Management, and budgeting
- Willing to relocate to Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire
- Willing to travel within the respective Zone
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization.
- High-value terms of employment.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Excellent Pension Plan solution.
The position will be in Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire. Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration, please send your C.V. to apply for the vacancy please click the ‘apply’ button below.