Executive assistant / office manager
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will provide direct support to the Co-President (NY) and other executives as assigned by both managing a standard set of administrative activities but also by proactively anticipating expectations and needs of the Executive Team and acting independently. This is a comprehensive role that requires an extremely organized, articulate, and proactive individual who can be onsite in NYC a minimum of 4 days a week and always when the Co-President is in the office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage high-volume calendars - scheduling, organizing and managing overlapping meetings and appointments
- Organize a wide range of meetings and functions at internal/external venues, liaising with contacts both internally and externally
- Lead agenda setting for the weekly NY and US staff meetings and ensuring that those meetings are highly productive and operationally efficient and without technical challenges
- Compile agendas, prepare briefs, prepare meeting materials, attend a wide variety of meetings, take and transcribe minutes and undertake any necessary follow up actions
- Schedule appointments and ensure the assigned executive is always in the correct place, on-time, and with all relevant papers
- Book all travel arrangements and accommodation and organize itineraries, this includes balancing the business priorities and commitments and be able to manage changes to business travel schedule, at times requiring responding to emails/calls outside of regular hours
- Perform expense reporting and miscellaneous administrative functions and other duties as needed
- Point person for end-to-end management of office activities, happy hours, and special events
- Point person for visitors and building security, distributing mail and packages and miscellaneous errands
- Manage ordering, set up and cleanup of weekly staff breakfasts, lunches and other catered meals
- Manage look and feel of the office and kitchen, keeping it clean and orderly; order and stock kitchen materials as needed, remove or oversee removal of boxes and other clutter, making workspaces more efficient and aesthetically pleasing, increasing office productivity
- Assist in troubleshooting technological issues involving phones, copiers, printers, videoconferencing systems by involving the appropriate parties to ensure office devices are working
- Assist in managing the seating chart and floor plan
- Build relationships with business unit heads/stakeholders to assist in their business needs
Qualifications & Traits
- Office Suite, particularly O365 and strong calendar management skills (Outlook)
- “Jack" or "Jill" of all trades – willing to jump in where needed
- Familiarity with expense tracking and reimbursement systems. Experience with foreign currency conversion a plus
- Prior support of C-Level individuals in a global organization with leaders in multiple time zones
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to ensure successful interactions with all levels of employees and external contacts
- A self-starter, someone who takes the initiative to figure out what needs to be done independently or collaborativelyExcellent attention to details and follow through skills
- Ability to be on site in Midtown NYC any day of the week and 4-5 days a week
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Attentiveness to emails during off hours, responding and/or acting to resolve issues as needed before the next business day
- Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
- SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
- Working at SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
- Affordable medical premiums starting at $29.43 per month.
- Employees start at 10 vacation days per year (increasing with seniority) plus 5-6 days off between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Company-wide long weekends for Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day and 3 days for Thanksgiving.
- After 1 year of employment, 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave and 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity leave.
- 401(k) with match.
With the “Power of Five” - comprised of companies, rightsholders, media platforms, fans and our employees, our passion for sports marketing is firmly established in our brand. It is our mission to be the most progressive agency in the sports business and actively be involved in shaping the future of sports marketing.
Our range of services includes everything that has to do with sports marketing and ranges from consulting, virtual perimeter and stadium advertising, jersey sponsoring, international media rights and athlete marketing, to hospitality programmes, travel services and incentives, right up to digital solutions, such as apps, product innovations and creative sponsoring campaigns and activations. With this, we serve the entire value chain in sports marketing individually, based on the customer objective.