Events Consultant (FTC 6 - 12 months)
We are recruiting for an experienced Events Consultant with a proven track record in event organisation and operations within sport to work on the Billie Jean King Cup and / or Davis Cup Finals and other events within the Major Events department. We are looking for someone who is fluent in English and Spanish and previous experience working in tennis is desirable. This a fixed term contract for a minimum of 6 months and maximum 12 month contract.
Due to the timing of our events, for this role we can only consider candidates, who, on application have the right to work in the UK.
International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. Founded in 1913, its purpose is to ensure the long-term growth and sustainability of the sport, delivering tennis for future generations in association with its 213 member nations. The ITF oversees the rules and regulations that govern international and national competition.
The ITF is responsible for the worldwide development of tennis through its highly regarded Development Programme, its Science and Technical department which monitors equipment and technology, and its Officiating department which oversees the education and advancement of officials. The ITF organises over 1,500 weeks of men’s, women’s and junior tournaments on the ITF World Tennis Tour, and also manages the ITF junior team competitions, ITF Beach Tennis Tour, UNIQLO Wheelchair Tennis Tour and the ITF Masters Circuit. The ITF is the owner and rightsholder of the two largest annual international team competitions in tennis, Davis Cup and Billie Jean King Cup by Gainbridge, and manages the Olympic and Paralympic Tennis Events on behalf of the IOC and IPC. The ITF upholds the highest standards of integrity and is a partner in the International Tennis Integrity Agency.
Overview of Department:
Billie Jean King Cup by Gainbridge and Davis Cup are the two main properties of the ITF. These two competitions are the largest annual national team events in sport. It is the role of the Major Events department to work closely with National Associations (NAs) to ensure that we deliver world class events that are seen as essential to players, nations and media. Major Events ensures that these events are organised to the same high sporting and competition standards everywhere in the world and that the contractual rights of the international sponsors are delivered efficiently and accurately.
We are looking for an experienced event operations executive with a proven track record in event organisation and operations within sport to work on the Billie Jean King Cup Finals, the Davis Cup and other events within the Major Events department. Ideally the candidate will have worked in tennis but this is not essential.
You will be a positive team player with a hardworking attitude and a drive to deliver to the highest standard. You will embrace a hands-on approach and demonstrate confidence in order to work with senior leaders, sponsors and VIPs alike - and all in an international environment.
Assist in the general pre-event preparation and organisation of the Billie Jean King Cup Finals and other Billie Jean King Cup/Davis Cup ties to ensure all sporting, logistical, operational, security and commercial planning is put in place by local organisers;
- Take responsibility for several aspects of the Finals event organisation, for example transport, hotels or ceremonies, as assigned by the Billie Jean King Cup Project Manager;
- Report back regularly to the Billie Jean King Cup Project Manager on the progress of assigned areas, while moving them forward independently;
- Work at the centre of a web of multiple stakeholders to ensure that every element of the event runs smoothly. These stakeholders include: players, captains, player representatives, National Associations, venues, TV and media, sponsors, and all internal ITF departments including Officiating/Protocol/Communications/ Marketing/Commercial and TV;
- Work with international sponsors to ensure optimal delivery of all contractual rights including on-site activations, tickets, hospitality, commercial displays, give-aways, accreditations, accommodation and flights.
Administration and Internal Communications:
- Compile event information and ensure the smooth flow of information between ITF, National Associations and other relevant bodies;
- Attend regular meetings with Management regarding division of work/progress of projects plus pre-event briefings and post-event de-brief;
- Ensure that relevant people are kept informed of progress of projects affecting their areas of responsibility as well as all other ITF departments involved.
As the needs of the business can evolve rapidly this role may change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change.
You will have......
- Experience of organising international events in sport
- Strong and proven event management experience relating to high profile sporting events
- Tried and tested planning skills – ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
- Excellent time management, skilled in delivery of multiple projects and delivering to hard deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with a professional approach
- First-rate decision-making and delegation skills
- Spanish as a first or second language
- Integrity and accountability
- Diplomacy and tact
- A good sense of fun and humour and be a team player
- Resilience & flexibility. Hours can be long and will require some overseas travel, including over weekends.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the current tennis landscape and good understanding of the industry dynamics
- Sponsorship / on-site activation experience
- Commercial awareness
What we offer…
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Group personal pension scheme and Life assurance
- Free lunch when working in the office (up to £9 per day)
- Complimentary healthy snacks and fresh fruit when working in the office
- Free parking on site
- Working hours: based on 35 hours per week. Normal office hours are 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday. Flexible working hours possible, with core hours of 10am – 4pm
Please note worldwide travel is part of the role due to the international tennis calendar and your presence on site and travel at weekends will be part of this. This can include bank holidays and school holidays; however, dates are generally known a year in advance.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Events Consultant’ in the subject line of the email.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond individually to candidates, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that interviews may be conducted via video call.
A DBS check may be required for the successful applicant.
Equality, diversity & inclusion (EDI) is a fundamental priority for the ITF. Our philosophy focusses on embedding inclusive behaviours and processes across every element of our business practices.