Event Services Workforce Coordinator
Closing Date: 22/04/2021
Birmingham 2022 are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Workforce Coordinator to join the Event Services (EVS) Functional Area (FA). Reporting to the EVS Workforce and Training Manager, the Workforce Coordinator will support the recruitment, scheduling and rostering of EVS volunteers and paid staff. In this capacity, the role will be critical to the successful planning and delivery of the EVS service levels. The Workforce Coordinator will also be responsible for ensuring the engagement of volunteers and paid staff and coordinating the backfilling of rosters where required. This position may also provide general administrative support to the Event Services Managers/Head of Event Services.
- Adhere to and implement all Birmingham 2022 policies and procedures.
- Support the EVS Workforce and Training Manager centrally to ensure that all EVS Workforce tasks are being completed.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of EVS volunteers and paid staff.
- Manage the FA recruitment tracker and report on progress.
- Develop job descriptions, assist with shortlisting and coordinate interviews.
- Manage the schedule and roster development and change management process.
- Manage EVS workforce shortfalls ensuring post prioritisation is activated and shortfalls are addressed during the games.
- Oversee the preparation, allocation, distribution and collection of operational equipment to the wider EVS team equipment packs including technology, FF&E and operational documentation.
- Plan and implement engagement activities that are specific to EVS.
- Work effectively with the EVS Central Team to manage EVS workforce shortfalls and redistribution of people and equipment resources.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies are complied with and are effectively communicated and implemented.
- Support the overall objectives of the Birmingham 2022 team by being available to help with general operational tasks where directed.
- Previous experience in recruitment, HR or scheduling in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- Experience coordinating a programmes/projects or tasks.
- Excellent People Management and/or Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with proven administrative and organisation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with and support a diverse range and level of colleagues, staff and candidates.
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft suite of applications, including MS Excel and comfortable with the use of IT systems.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.