Event Manager (Nike)
Role: Event Manager (Nike)
Location: London, SE1
Holiday: 20 days, increasing to a maximum of 25 days + bank holidays and Lieu days
Benefits: Private Health Care with Vitality (Permanent employees)
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
Limelight Sports has an exciting opportunity for an Event Manager to join its Campaigns team working primarily on the Nike Account. The role would suit an individual with brand experiential expertise, who has a passion for the active world and a track record of working with high profile brands. The ideal candidate would have a versatile background from the creation of bespoke experiences to the delivery of larger scale operations.
Who We Are
Limelight Sports is a sports marketing agency specialising in participation. We work with clients such as Nike, Tesco, The FA, Royal Bank of Canada and J.P.Morgan to engage their audiences through active experiences and campaigns that people cannot stop talking about. We have created and delivered some of the most successful live experiences including Royal Parks Half Marathon, the FA People’s Cup, Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, Sky Ride, J.P.Morgan Corporate Challenge London and Sydney, and Swimathon, the world’s biggest fundraising swimming challenge. With over 25 years’ experience, a passion for sport and helping more people become active and enjoy sport, Limelight Sports is the agency of the Active World.
As the Event Manager you are responsible for the management, running and planning of all the features that come together to create the experience or event. You will work primarily across the Nike campaign on multiple activations from bespoke experiences through to larger scale operations.
You will be responsible for every live event touch point and ensure that we provide a service that is complementary, innovative, profitable and premium quality. You are always looking to deliver innovation and value for money.
On a day to day basis you work collaboratively with the other functions including Project Management and Client Services in order to deliver high quality campaigns for our clients.
The Event Manager role is varied and you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the experience in line with client requirements and to ensure continued market leading innovation
- Ensure consistency of delivery across live experiences and operations
- Provide creative solutions in the design and delivery of the experiences
- Understand your client needs and latest industry developments within live events and brand experiential activations
- Ensure the safe and successful delivery of live eventd across all aspects, including but not limited to:
- Licensing permits and consultation
- Venue Management
- Event Branding
- Customer / Event Experience
- Competition Management
- Production & Logistics
- Show Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Health & Safety
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers and create and maintain great relationships
- Stay up to date with Limelight Sports suite of event services, pricing model and competitive advantage.
- Completion of key project documentation including but not limited to project delivery plans and post event evaluations
- Negotiate preferable rates with key suppliers
- Monitoring and finance management on your areas of the live events budgets
- Manage effectively and efficiently allocated budget lines
- Creating events operational budgets, where required for your events that meet set financial targets
ABOUT THE PERSON
As the Event Manager at Limelight Sports you:
- Are passionate about participation in sport, for yourself and others
- Have a proven track record of managing high profile brand experiences
- Experience creating both bespoke experiences and large-scale outdoor operations
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are high organised
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Are a problem solver and solutions driven
- Have the vision and the ability to see the big picture
- Are able to demonstrate your creative approach
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Are calm under pressure and approachable at all times
LIFE AT LIMELIGHT
Limelight is a fast-paced agency and we pride ourselves on having a ‘One Team’ approach to the way we work, supporting our colleagues to achieve the end goal. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about the active world and our beliefs and passions are reflected in the additional benefits you will have access to:
- Monthly We All Move sessions – we like to celebrate the active world by trying out a new activity together on the first Wednesday of the month, this can be anything from tag rugby, netball, softball or ultimate frisbee.
- Lunch time running – this is a regular activity for a lot of people in the office and culminates in a handicap 5K at the end each month.
- Flexible exercise time – we actively encourage the team to get active at a time that suits them during their working day. We believe that leaving your desk is healthy for the mind and the body.
- Thirsty Thursday drinks – on the last Thursday of each month we get together to have a few drinks so that we can catch up and socialise together.
- Cycle to Work scheme – we offer employees the ability to purchase a bike through the cycle to work scheme and you can have access to bike racks in our building.
- £100 sports contribution – all employees are entitled to claim back up to £100 a year towards sport or activity, whether that is entering an event or playing a team sport.
- Most Valuable Limelighter Award – every quarter all team members nominate their colleagues who they believe have lived our values and been the Most Valuable Limelighter. A great way to give your colleagues some recognition.
- Free entry into our owned events – All permanent employees are entitled to a maximum of two entries, each calendar year. This includes entry to London Triathlon, Blenheim Triathlon, Etape Caledonia or London Duathlon.
If you like the sound of this role and want to apply, please contact send your CV and a cover email outlining why they are suitable for this role.