Event Communication Coordinator
Division / Unit: Operations / Host Relations & Event Experience
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.10.2023 or asap
End date: 31.08.2024
The mission of the Event Experience and Communications team is to create unforgettable fan experiences across UEFA's club competitions and international tournaments. The team is responsible for the development and implementation of the on-site experience in the host cities and at the stadium, which is complemented by an industry-leading digital event communications experience.
The Event Communication Coordinator will support the development and implementation of its event communications strategy for key UEFA competitions such as EURO 2024 and the finals of the UEFA Nations League and club competitions (UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Conference League). This is an operational role for an individual with experience of a multichannel communications campaign for an international event. It is the perfect opportunity for a digital marketing and communications professional to shape the fan experience at the most prestigious events in European football.
* Supporting the development and delivery of UEFA's event communications strategy to all target groups
* Working with internal and external stakeholders (LOS, host cities and venues) to develop and collate content across operational matchday, mobility and fan zone communications for fans attending UEFA competitions and tournaments
* Writing engaging, creative and accurate copy in accordance with UEFA's style guide and in an appropriate tone of voice
* Editing and proofreading content for grammar, clarity, and consistency
* Day-to-day content management of UEFA's mobile apps and UEFA.com, including publishing all content via the CMS and keeping UEFA's channels up to date and accurate
* Creating target-group specific messaging for web-based guides, email campaigns and apps
* Supporting dynamic communications on-site during competitions/matches
* Monitoring the delivery of communications on UEFA channels, including testing products
Visual assets and translation
* Working with designers and agencies to produce briefings for editorial and promotional creative assets such as imagery, photography, printed products and videos
* Liaising with translation agencies on the delivery of foreign language content
Assisting the Event Communication Specialist with additional projects
- from 4 to 6 years / Copywriting and/or content editing, ideally with an operational focus
- from 1 to 3 years / Digital content management.
- from 1 to 3 years / Major event operations, ideally in the sports or entertainment industry.
- Bachelor's in a relevant field.
- English / Native speaker
- Adobe Creative Suite / Basic
- MS Excel / Advanced
- MS Outlook / Proficient
- MS PowerPoint / Advanced
- MS Word / Advanced
* Digitally savvy with good knowledge of mobile apps and websites, industry standards and best practices in digital content production
* Creative mind and problem-solving attitude
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills would be an asset
* Ability to multitask and work in an international environment
* Strong organisational and project management skills
* Knowledge of any other European language in addition to English would an asset