European Sponsorship Association Sponsorship Sales Certificate
London , United Kingdom
Part-time, practical course to enhance and accredit your sales techniques and develop the skills necessary to build thriving commercial relationships with prospective or existing sponsors.
What is involved?
- Four-morning sessions held in London over four weeks, covering:
- Understanding sponsorship and its role in the marketing mix (trends and best practice concepts)
- Ways in which to develop your sponsorship proposition and present compelling narrative to prospective partners
- Understanding audience intelligence, prospecting and micro-communities
- How to structure and develop a proposal
- Pricing strategically and using a value-led technique
- Negotiation and closing techniques
- Effective presenting (including an intensive opt-in session)
- Contract management
- Course syllabus available on our website.
- A formal, two-part assessment, comprising a written proposal and presentation
- Responding to a brief, participants have two weeks to prepare their materials in advance of a presentation to the assessment panel
- Final accreditation is split evenly across ability to demonstrate written and oral skills, including:
- Understanding a client brief and connecting a proposition to its objectives
- Creative approach to sponsorship sales; ability to offer flexible solutions
- Confidence and authority in a live presentation environment
- Product knowledge
- Commercial acumen
- Answering Q&A sessions.
- With the majority of participants in full-time employment, care is taken to ensure that the course workload doesn’t interfere with ongoing work commitments
- Participants are given short exercises to undertake between sessions, with a further hour of commitment in time expected between sessions
- Preparation for the final assessment amalgamates these exercises and requires probably a further half day of preparation time.
Who can do the course?
- Anyone wanting to upgrade skills in sponsorship sales, or gain the necessary credentials to enter this sector.
What will I gain from doing the ESA Sponsorship Sales Certificate?
An ability to:
- Show a clear understanding of sponsorship trends and best practice
- Tailor proposals for each client and adapt to a variety of objectives
- Display enhanced negotiation skills and pricing techniques
- Present with confidence and exhibit the skills needed to win pitches.
This course is delivered in partnership with Think!Sponsorship.
See our website for more detailed information and what our participants have to say.