Estates Grounds Person
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George's Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
- To maintain the landscaped areas as set out by the Head of Grounds & Estates around the site to a high standard
- To work as part of the Estates Team in the management of the site in accordance with the Biodiversity Action Plan and annual work schedules produced
- Ensure the site is kept clear of litter and presentable for visitors, clients and staff
- Ensure clear and safe pedestrian and vehicle access to the area particularly in adverse weather conditions.
- Lawn maintenance and care to include - mowing, edging, scarifying, fertilising, spraying, weeding, strimming, top dressing, re-seeding, repair work (vehicle damage etc.)
- To assist in the maintenance and development of woodlands, ancient and veteran trees, grasslands and wetland habitats across the site
- Bed and planter maintenance and creation to include - planting, weeding, pruning, forking, digging, mulching, watering, edging
- Hedge maintenance to include - weeding, cutting, gap filling, edging
- Path and kerb maintenance to include - cleaning, spraying, weeding, brushing, blowing, gritting and snow clearing
- Standard tree care - pruning, watering and feeding, weeding, relocating
- To work sensitively and cooperatively as part of the Estates Team in areas as required by law due to specific species and areas on site
- To ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and returned in good condition
- To wear the correct PPE as laid out in the Health and Safety guidelines
- To inform supervisors of any maintenance issues, damages or breakages to the site or tools
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for
- Previous proven experience in a grounds role - full training can be provided
- Good understanding and safe use of ride on rotary and cylinder mowers, pedestrian mowing, hedge trimmers, blowers and strimmers - full training can be provided
- Power tool qualifications - Chainsaw, brush cutter, strimmer, wood chipper
- An interest and knowledge in the environment and wildlife
- Plants, tree and shrub care knowledge
- Smart, courteous, polite and approachable
- Good communicator
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Flexible approach to working hours and tasks
- The role will involve lone working and collaborative teamwork so you must be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to carry out strenuous, physical tasks and willing to work in adverse weather conditions
- PA1 and PA6 - safe use and pedestrian application of pesticides
- Level 2 or above in Countryside Management or Horticulture
- Experience of working with protected species and on environmentally sensitive areas
- Good knowledge of COSHH
- Tractor and trailer driving
- Safe use and knowledge of tractor mounted machinery
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.