The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game - to developing future focused platforms for professional football - our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
The Role and Key Accountabilities
Oversee the technical strategy of the FA and ensure that it aligns with the wider organisational goals and business strategy. Drive alignment to help Digital Technology and our partners collectively deliver simple, flexible & sustainable digital solutions and own the technical standards and best practices, providing communication, advice, and guidance to all stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of The FA's business strategy.
- Help stakeholders understand the technology strategy to aid decision making.
- Identify opportunities based on technical knowledge and industry trends.
- Support product portfolio management with value-driven architecture.
- Provide architectural leadership and consultancy to product teams.
- Manage the architecture interface with 3rd party software vendors and partner organisations.
- Mentor internal and partner development teams on microservice and web architectures.
- Act as the architectural design authority for the organisation.
- Create technical standards and best practices, leveraging industry standards.
- Communicate and ensure the use of standards and how the digital vision can be realised.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Experience in developing architectures collaboratively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Experience in architecting asynchronous, message-based architectures
- Experience of microservice-based architectures and associated patterns
- Experience of architecture governance and control
- Experience in domain-driven logical data design
- Extensive knowledge of architecture patterns and their application
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation
- EA Qualification - TOGAF (or similar)
- Cloud Certification - (Azure/Amazon/GCP)
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFE)
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL, .NET in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Knowledge of Sitecore CMS
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.