England Women's Assistant Coach U23 - Casual Contract
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at our National Football Centre, St. George's Park.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Responsible for supporting the development of players within the Women's U23 squad, by providing technical expertise and delivery with the coaching team.
- Support the delivery of a seasonal fixture programme of training camps, games, and tournaments.
- Attend and contribute to the preparation for, delivery of and review of international events and tournament.
- Attend technical planning meetings either in person or remotely.
- Scouting responsibilities for WU23 players where required.
- Contribute to the delivery of an outstanding performance, learning and development environment for players and staff.
- Provide key input into Talent Management structures to effectively support the management of the age group England Long List.
- Consistently demonstrate and role model England Coaching Attributes.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all key stakeholders including club coaches and multi -disciplinary teams.
- As required collaborate with FA media and communications staff to ensure consistent appropriate management of external communications, and social media.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- UEFA A Licence.
- High level people development skills and experience,
- Consistent, successful experience of management and development of elite players and multi-disciplinary staff,
- Ability to demonstrate inspirational leadership on and off the pitch using a variety of methods and approaches,
- Head or assistant coach experience with senior players (post 16,)
- Experience of working in high performing environments,
- Deep knowledge of technical and tactical components of the game including strategies and tactics,
- Ability to create and implement a Player Development Plan,
- Demonstrate understanding of international football,
- Growth mind-set and strong evidence of continued professional development,
- Explicit knowledge and understanding of the England DNA.
- Extensive experience of Excel,
- Ability to effectively manage budgets,
- Advanced Microsoft Office,
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders.
- UEFA Pro Licence.
- Experience of being a both an assistant and head coach within the women's game,
- Experience of coaching women,
- Experience working in the WSL and or Championship,
- Understanding of the demands of international football.
- Basic Project Management skills,
- Basic Analysis skills.
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.