England Teams Security Manager
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
- Manage England team security across all Men's, Women's, and Para squads, both domestic and overseas.
- Travel to all England Senior Men's camps, tournaments, and associated recces.
- Specific strategic focus on the England Senior Women's and Men's Under 21 teams.
- Assist Wembley and central FA functions with security advice, protocols, and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of security planning, including venues and movements of all England Teams, both domestically and when overseas.
- Ensure delivery of appropriate levels of security across England teams, including appointment and management of a team of FA Safety and Security Advisors (SSAs), with particular focus on the Senior Men, Senior Women, and Men's U21 teams.
- Full travel to all England Senior Men's camps, tournaments, and associated recces.
- Liaise with police and stadium authorities regarding arrangements for International opposition teams, and when hosting international tournaments.
- Work Closely with United Kingdom Football Policing Unit (UKFPU), FCDO, host police, and airport authorities, in relation to all movements and security deployments when traveling overseas.
- Work closely with Wembley Stadium and St George's Park management to ensure a coherent strategic group security strategy.
- Management and review of England team Risk Assessments, Incident Management Processes, and Business Continuity provision across the wider Technical Directorate.
- Liaise with FA Safeguarding Officers to ensure integration of processes and risk assessments across England teams.
- Act as a point of contact for Wembley and central FA functions, assisting with security advice, protocol, and procedures.
- Support the management and internal policing of the England Supporter Travel Club (ESTC) and My England for all home and away fixtures, including appointment and management of SSAs alongside FA Stewards at away matches.
- Work alongside colleagues to develop and deliver an agreed strategy for the management of ESTC members, supporting the management and policing of memberships, screening administration, and delivery of disciplinary processes.
- Liaise with the FA Head of On-Field Football Regulations & Security, Football Governance and Regulation, with regards to high-profile domestic matches, and the selection, deployment, and corporate integration of SSAs
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working with high profile sportspeople / sporting teams, or Executives.
- Experience of sports crowd management, or high-profile large-scale gatherings.
- Industry expert in safety and security logistics and operations.
- Risk Management and risk assessment skills.
- Proven track record of managing complex stakeholders and working in a pressurised environment.
- Confidence and credibility to operate at a senior level including strong influencing, negotiation, and facilitation skills.
- Able to travel regularly (UK / Overseas).
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Exceptional organisational, planning and communication skills.
- Competent in the use of IT systems for creation, storage, and dissemination of information.
- Experience of working in a football environment.
- Police background.
- Expert problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience of day-to-day budget management.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.