England Pathway Team Doctors - Casual Contract
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup, and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
To win the World Cup in 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George's Park in Staffordshire.
Overview of the role:
We are looking to recruit sports doctors to support our England Development teams starting the 23/24 season in August 23.
Please be aware that this is a consultant vacancy with either an estimated commitment of 40 - 75 days per year dependent on tournament qualification or as flexible bank cover to support.
The successful candidates will become a critical member of the multidisciplinary support team working closely with the coaches, physical performance coach and physiotherapist on-camp, with support in maintaining continuity from senior medical support staff between camps.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality medical support working with the MDT and coaching team for their respective national squad to ensure optimal management of players health and fitness.
- Team doctors, with support from the FA Medical Team, attend pre- and post-camp meetings to facilitate comprehensive planning and preparation of the team for performance following FA protocols including management of injuries and illness, concussion management, medication management, antidoping, cardiac screening, COVID protocols, emergency planning, travel health, wellbeing & women's health issues.
- Liaise with club medical staff re fitness to train and play before camp and after camp or if any notable change while on camp.
- To be responsible for any medical issues arising with any members of the party travelling with that squad.
- Maintain and update medical records as required and in line with GMC (General Medical Council) recommendations on note keeping in 'Good Medical Practice'. Ensure medical notes are entered on to the WPS and kept up to date by all staff.
- Attend all training sessions and matches, along with regular medical and sports science meetings throughout any camp.
- Attend CPD/training days per year (currently a minimum of 2).
- Any other task as is required by The FA to fulfil the Appointment effectively, adhering to the current Standard Operating Procedures of the department.
What we are looking for:
- GMC registered
- License to practise in the UK
- Possess a Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Experience as a Team Doctor in Sport
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Experience in Musculoskeletal Medicine and Primary Care
- Emergency Pitch side Care Qualification
- Record of accomplishment of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching teams
- Excellent planning and communication skills with experience participating in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Be available to travel within UK and abroad
- Flexibility to support the role
An Enhanced DBS will also be required if appointed.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic, and world-renowned sports organisation.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch and apply via the link.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Emma Jones (Technical Directorate PA) at who will arrange for you to speak to a senior member of the medical team.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any requirements, in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your application form and covering letter.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 23rd May 2023 at The National Football Centre, St George's Park.
Please do not re-apply if you have applied for a similar role at the FA within the last 2 years