Education Services Officer
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
The role of FA Education Services Officer is to oversee a team of Education Services Advisors, supporting the team with queries, daily tasks, and development.
- To manage a team of advisors who provide world-leading customer service to FA Education learners and key stakeholders, including their goal setting, performance management, 121's training/coaching, reporting, absence tracking/reporting, capacity management.
- Lead, plan and prioritise activities such: as coaching/training sessions, performance management, analysing customer issues/contact, and implement actions according to FA Group policies and procedures.
- Project plan the research and reporting on future changes in company policy or processes for continuous improvement, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the department's own strategy, resources, and procedures.
- Manage and coach team members to effectively enhance team's capabilities and expertise to provide the quality of service required by The FA Group and in accordance with best practice, utilising 121's & coaching sessions.
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organisational operations and effective service to divisions and key stakeholders.
- Drive performance in line with KPI targets, with an ability to identify & manage underperformers.
- Handle and manage customer complaints - from the customer contact to working within a controlled framework ensuring complaints are dealt with and escalated effectively.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- A-C GCSE, equivalent or above in Maths & English,
- Experience of managing a customer services team,
- Considerable experience of working in a contact centre,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong Microsoft Office skills,
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders,
- In depth knowledge of customer service software. databases and CRM tools,
- In depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices,
- Ability to understand and effectively use MI to continuously improve the team,
- Ability to use Excel to a high level with the use of formulas, pivot tables and macros.
- Prince2 and experience of project management and project management systems such as Asana,
- Experience of managing large teams,
- Understanding of complaints, customer service and customer experience,
- Experience working in sport,
- Ability to create and facilitate road maps and projects,
- High level of numeracy.
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.