Education Programmes Assistant
To support the delivery of our primary prevention strategy through coordinating, managing and supporting UKAD’s Education Delivery Network.
To support the delivery of our primary prevention strategy through coordinating, managing and supporting UKAD’s Education Delivery Network. This role will include the ongoing organisation of identified training and development of the network as a quality education workforce as well as the relevant quality assurance.
To coordinate all Education team information and intellectual property, including e-learning, ensuring that it is reviewed accordingly and remains at the cutting edge of both educational practices and Anti-Doping knowledge.
This role will also be responsible for maintaining the high quality of resource and outputs from the Education and Athlete Support team through the relevant Quality Management systems.
Specifically, you will be a member of the Education and Athlete Support Team who aim to promote and reinforce a culture of clean sport through effective partnerships. Creating and developing sustainable, impactful programs that enable athletes and athlete support personnel to participate and compete in line with the values of sport whilst abiding by the Anti-Doping Rules.
- Experience of project management including project development, planning, monitoring and evaluating against agreed milestones
- Experience of supporting organisations to deliver against agreed outcomes
- Experience of working within an education environment or working in an education team in a sport-related industry (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of team working and ethos of ‘can do’ whilst showing understanding and sensitivity to others’ views and objectives
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Have a passion for sport and an interest in UKAD activities and the sporting landscape
- Positive attitude and demonstrate a willingness to learn, and seek feedback on performance
- Organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including well-developed presentation skills, public speaking experience ideal
- Ability to develop, deliver and evaluate national education and information programmes
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally
- Self-aware, good level of interpersonal skills such as; self-reflection, influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to actively listen and take on board external feedback
- Ability to see from an audience’s point of view to inform education and information programme development
- Able to work methodically with good research and analytical skills
- Competent Microsoft Office user and knowledge of wider software packages including webinar software
- Self-motivated and able to operate within agreed boundaries but with minimal supervision
- Creative approach to work, with the ability to develop innovative solutions and use initiative in problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet set deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, including well-developed presentation skills.
- Competent in a range of writing styles of policies, processes, educational content and resources
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one day of annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of your first month
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
To apply please visit https://www.ukad.org.uk/education-programmes-assistant and complete a UKAD Application Form, Criminal Convictions Declaration Form, Conflicts of Interest Form and Equal Opportunities Form, outlining how you meet the person specification and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm, Friday 24 January 2020.
CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted. You must have a valid right to work in the UK.