Diversity and Inclusion Manager
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
- Provide equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) expertise and support across the grassroots network (The FA and County FA) and wider FA corporate divisions.
- Support and guide other areas of The FA's EDI strategy including wider EDI programmes, coaching, refereeing, elite football, the National League System, women's pyramid and initiatives promoting a culture of inclusion at The FA.
- Be an active advocate of EDI for The FA internally and externally.
* Support, guide and influence equality, diversity and inclusion practice across the grassroots division and County FA network with a focus on initiatives such as The FA's EDI metrics scorecard and County FA Inclusion Advisory Groups (IAGs)
* Activate and deliver targeted intervention programmes that develop the game towards a wider base of participants (across playing, coaching and refereeing)
* Deliver improved Equality Standard accreditation outcomes across the County FA network
* In collaboration with the D&I lead for Women's football and wider stakeholders, work to deliver and activate inclusion programmes with our grassroots volunteer team and Women's European Championship 2022 Legacy Team
* Be a key influencer on equality, diversity and inclusion across all programmes and strategies within the grassroots football division including working closely with the FA Education grassroots coaching EDI team and FA grassroots Regional Managers
* Work with a number of The FA's key stakeholders across grassroots football such as Kick It Out to promote EDI and equip grassroots football with the knowledge and skills to tackle discrimination
* Play a key role in the delivery of The FA's Asian Inclusion Strategy in partnership with other FA staff and suppliers
* Deliver The FA's Faith and Football activities, events, policies and publications including managing and liaising with The FA's external Faith and Football network
* Deliver the FA's refugee football plan including managing a wide range of multiple stakeholder relationships across football and the third sector
* Provide relevant advice and guidance for various football programmes and embed best practice as appropriate
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- The current EDI challenges in organisations and working environments
- The barriers to participation in sport and wider industries / sectors experienced by some diverse individuals and communities
- Equality, diversity, inclusion and anti-discrimination interventions in sport and wider industries / sectors
- UK equality legislative framework
- Equality training and learning methods
- Programme management with exceptional organisational skills
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence and build strong relationships
- Ability to work in a matrix business environment with multiple stakeholders and differing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills - both oral and written (presentation skills and delivery of ideas)
- Project management skills / qualification
- The FA Grassroots Football Strategy
- The football environment, football pyramid and key stakeholders
- EDI football equality initiatives and codes such as the Equality Standard, the County FA Code of Governance and the Football Leadership Diversity Code
- Grassroots football infrastructure including clubs, leagues and the County FA network
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.