DIRECTOR, COMMERCIAL SALES
This position is a key member of the US Commercial team with a brand-led sales focus in representing and generating sponsorship revenue for SPORTFIVE’s growing global and domestic rights holder portfolio, including premier global football properties, esports, US professional leagues/teams/athletes, motorsports and Olympics.
SPORTFIVE utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering partnerships in sports. By delivering responsible commercialization, full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders in sports, SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit. As a market leader with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, SPORTFIVE leads the sports business into the future through its digital solutions and aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
SPORTFIVE operates as an international sports business and marketing agency with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries active in football, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football and many more.
Primary Work Location: New York, NY
Team and Job Overview
This position is a key member of the US Commercial team with a brand-led sales focus in representing and generating sponsorship revenue for SPORTFIVE’s growing global and domestic rights holder portfolio, including premier global football properties, esports, US professional leagues/teams/athletes, motorsports and Olympics. This role will report to the SVP of Commercial Sales.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Build and maintain an active and broad pipeline of prospects through dedicated and consistent outreach
- Develop and maintain long-term business relationships with brand prospects to ensure SPORTFIVE is consistently front-of-mind and maximizing its share of respective brand spend, both domestically and globally
- Consistent collaboration and coordination with SPORTFIVE global commercial and sales enablement counterparts to manage prospecting and sales process.
- As required, participate in the development and management of sales pitch process, including proposal development, pitch presentations(s), negotiation of terms and contract completion
- Work with the US research/insights and creative team to develop project-specific data-driven, qualified category and brand targets and proposals
- Monitor all relevant media and trade journals to identify new business sector opportunities
- As required, participate and support in RFIs/RFPs – working with internal business leaders to ensure deadlines are met and best work product is presented
- Work with internal CRM to manage and support accurate activity and sales reporting
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of agency property representation sponsorship/media sales experience and/or league/team sales; Must have direct experience in sports & entertainment
- Must have a proven and consistent track record of generating revenue with positive results and clear ability to develop and close deals valued at $1M+ p.a.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Sales CRM
Success in Role Looks Like
- Broad network of senior-level brand and agency decision-maker relationships
- Strong and respected industry professional reputation
- Must be an entrepreneurial, self-starter who is solution and goal-oriented
- Team player, who is aggressive, takes initiative and leads
- Strong communicator who can manage activity across multiple commercial projects
- Possess a strong understanding of property rights and asset architectures
- Domestic and some international travel may be required for this role
- Must have strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Essential duties are performed onsite at the New York, NY office location a minimum of 4 days per week, subject to change.
- Essential duties may be required to be performed at client locations or offsite.
Salary Range: $120,000 - $120,000 (base salary plus additional variable compensation and bonus structure)
SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
Working at SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
Affordable employee medical premiums starting at $30.90 per month (highest deductible) to $165.77 per month (lowest deductible).
Employees start at 10 vacation days per year (increasing with seniority) plus 20 paid holidays.
401(k) with matching up to $4,000 per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.