Dignitaries & VIP Coordinator
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Protocol Coordinator to assist the Protocol Operations Manager in planning, coordinating and delivering services to the members of the Commonwealth Games Federation, Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs) and other regional, national and international Dignitaries, prior to, during and through to the completion of the Commonwealth Games.
The key responsibilities of the Protocol Coordinator are to assist the Protocol Operations Manager with the planning, coordination and delivery of:
- The protocol operation in each competition venue including the management of the Games Family Lounge and dedicated seating areas.
- The protocol provisions in selected non-competition venues, including the three Commonwealth Games Villages.
- The establishment and management of Protocol services within the Games Family Hotel.
- The Birmingham 2022 Dignitary Working Group, a group which will coordinate the requirements of international and domestic dignitaries attending the Games.
- Assisting with answering protocol related issues in the Organising Committee including providing protocol advice to Birmingham 2022 Functional Areas.
- Games Family visits to Birmingham and/or the West Midlands (including but not limited to accommodation, transportation, assistance with visas etc.)
- Official meetings and visits of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), which may include - CGF Executive Board Meetings, CGF Coordination Commission Visits, CGF General Assemblies, Chefs de Mission Seminar and other ad hoc meetings and visits.
- The Protocol aspects of Birmingham 2022 Medal Ceremonies including: distribution of invitations to presenters.
Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths & English (A-C).
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Able to work collaboratively in a dynamic working environment with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Fully IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft package.
- Understanding and knowledge of Birmingham 2022 and the wider Commonwealth Games values and vision.
- Understanding of the various Commonwealth Games Family client groups.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness and a respectful polite, discrete and diplomatic nature.
- Experience managing relationships with Government, Diplomatic or Sporting Stakeholders.
- Experience in the planning and conduct of official activities, including official visits and hospitality functions.
- Experience in the fields of protocol, hospitality and VIP Visitor procedures.
- Event experience.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing a large volunteer workforce.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.