Digital Specialist - Global Soccer
While creating and growing long-term value for all, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business industry into the future through innovative digital solutions and strives to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
Being at the center of professional sport, SPORTFIVE will use its unique position to make a positive contribution to sustainability and to live up to social and economic duties/responsibilities.
SPORTFIVE operates with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in Football, Basketball, Golf, Esports, Motorsport, Handball, Tennis, American Football, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Olympics and Multi-Sport Events, and many more.
SPORTFIVE is seeking a Digital Content Specialist – Global Soccer based in its US Headquarters in New York City. The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for planning and creating creative social media content, editorial copyrighting, launching social campaigns, engaging the online community, and analyzing insights for one of our key global soccer accounts. This role will be focused on actively growing and building digital audiences across different social and digital media platforms on a daily basis. The role involves working with major brands, sports right-holders, talents, events, and entertainment.
- Manage and create digital and social media content for our key sports accounts
- Responsible of day-to-day social media management and social media platforms
- Development of monthly content and editorial calendar
- Contribute to creative and storytelling efforts across the account’s different channels
- Understand and utilize different social media tools and platforms, including but not limited to: content generation and management, social listening, platform management
- Execute and monitor paid media campaigns and advertising
- Work cross functionally across creative, commercial, design and CRM to ensure social media strategy is aligned with overall marketing initiatives
- Execute and optimize business performance reporting including but not limited to: weekly recaps, benchmarking, performance monitoring, campaign evaluation, best practices etc.
- Contribute to marketing and creative brainstorming sessions
- 1-2 years of social media and content creation experience, preferably with an agency
- Proficient understanding of all current and emerging social media platforms
- Understanding of the sports and entertainment industry, especially global soccer
- Proficient and fluent in spoken/written Spanish is a plus
- Experience working with social management and listening platforms
- Basic knowledge of photo and video editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in developing branded content and activation concepts.
- Understanding of media buying mechanism on social media and video sharing platforms.
- Proactive, creative and team working spirit.
- Bonus points for pop culture knowledge, sense of humor and meme creation!
Compensation And Benefits
SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
With the “Power of Five” - comprised of companies, rightsholders, media platforms, fans and our employees, our passion for sports marketing is firmly established in our brand. It is our mission to be the most progressive agency in the sports business and actively be involved in shaping the future of sports marketing.
Our range of services includes everything that has to do with sports marketing and ranges from consulting, virtual perimeter and stadium advertising, jersey sponsoring, international media rights and athlete marketing, to hospitality programmes, travel services and incentives, right up to digital solutions, such as apps, product innovations and creative sponsoring campaigns and activations. With this, we serve the entire value chain in sports marketing individually, based on the customer objective.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City