DIGITAL SPECIALIST - GLOBAL BASKETBALL (BILINGUAL ENGLISH & SPANISH)
SPORTFIVE is a global sports marketing agency that delivers customer-centric solutions based on trust and transparency, deep industry experience and global relationships, digital intelligence, and innovation. SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rights-holders, media platforms and fans to create and enable contemporary partnerships in sports.
While creating and growing long-term value for all, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business industry into the future through innovative digital solutions and strives to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
Being at the center of professional sport, SPORTFIVE will use its unique position to make a positive contribution to sustainability and to live up to social and economic duties/responsibilities.
SPORTFIVE operates with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in Football, Basketball, Golf, Esports, Motorsport, Handball, Tennis, American Football, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Olympics and Multi-Sport Events, and many more.
SPORTFIVE is seeking a Digital Content Specialist - Global Basketball based in New York, New York. The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for planning and creating creative social media content, editorial copywriting, launching social campaigns, engaging the online community, and analyzing insights for one of our key global NBA accounts. This role will be focused on actively growing and building digital audiences across different social and digital media platforms on a daily basis around the property in Spanish-speaking markets (Spain, Mexico, and other LATAM countries), as such the candidate must be fluent in both English and Spanish. The role involves working with major brands, sports right-holders, talents, events, and entertainment.
- Manage and create digital and social media content for our key sports accounts
- Responsible of day-to-day social media management, and develop conversations with fans (i.e., Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
- Development of monthly content and editorial calendar
- Contribute to creative and storytelling efforts across the account’s different channels
- Understand and utilize different social media tools and platforms, including but not limited to: content generation and management, social listening, platform management
- Build connections and develop collaborations with influencers, the NBA, and the broadcaster’s accounts
- Execute and monitor paid media campaigns and advertising
- Work functionally across creative, commercial, design and CRM to ensure social media strategy is aligned with overall marketing initiatives
- Execute and optimize business performance reporting including but not limited to: monthly recaps, benchmarking, performance monitoring, campaign evaluation, best practices, etc.
- Contribute to marketing and creative brainstorming sessions
- Proficient and fluent in spoken/written Spanish and English is a must.
- Minimum 2 years of social media and content creation experience, preferably with an agency
- Basketball and NBA fan!
- Proficient understanding of all current and emerging social media platforms (i.e., Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
- Understanding of the sports and entertainment industry
- Experience working with social management and listening platforms
- Basic knowledge of photo and video editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in developing branded content and activation concepts
- Understanding of media buying mechanisms on social media and video sharing platforms.
- Proactive, creative and team working spirit
- Bonus points for pop culture knowledge and meme creation!
Compensation And Benefits
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
Working at SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
Affordable medical premiums starting at $29.43 per month (no waiting period).
Employees start at 10 vacation days per year (increasing with seniority) plus 20 paid company holidays (including break between Christmas and New Year’s Day).
401(k) with matching up to $4,000 per year (no waiting period).
12 week of paid primary parental leave and 2 weeks of secondary parental leave (1 year waiting period).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.