Digital Projects Coordinator
FIBA, with global headquarters in Mies/VD Switzerland, is the world governing body of basketball and an independent association formed by 213 National Basketball Federations throughout the world.
FIBA has a truly global reach with five Regional Offices worldwide to support National Federations in their efforts to develop Basketball on the ground. FIBA is a non-profit organisation and recognised as the ultimate authority in basketball by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
The Digital Projects Coordinator will bridge the technical and business worlds, supporting the Digital Product Manager by coordinating technical developments in order to deliver digital products that are recognized best in the industry and in line with FIBA’s strategic vision.
The environment is agile, fast paced and exciting, dealing with numerous in-house and offshore teams, & high-profile business products. You enjoy the organized adrenaline of new challenges and the responsibility of driving business results.
Candidates will need outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
Must be pro-active, very adaptable and results driven. You will be a team player who must be able to work under pressure, using own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate developments with the development teams on products and projects (Mobile Apps, Website, Database, Hosting, API and external tools)
- Create technical product requirements for development teams
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of user stories
- Plan product feature backlog and development for the products according to priorities set by the Product Team;
- Ensure the transition to Cloud hosting;
- Be the internal liaison between the IT department and the Communications team;
- Track the project deliverables and match those with agreed deadlines;
- Ensure the technical support of FIBA’s digital assets during events;
- Be an evangelist of technical solutions when it comes to FIBA Digital Products and provide help and support to our digital stakeholders;
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals;
- Follow our competitors and the industry and keep track of latest digital trends to advise stakeholders on best technological choices;
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Experience and Skills Required
- Broad intellectual background with a university level education ideally in Computer Science, Engineering and/or Business Information Systems.
- 1-2 years of relevant industry experience in project management for consumer-facing digital products
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar issue-tracking software
- A solid understanding of technical infrastructure and coding practices
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pass on Marketing & Communication requirements to developers
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Ability to travel as required
- Interest for sport in general and basketball in particular
- Fluency in English, with excellent written, digital and verbal communication skills; French is a plus
START DATE: ASAP/to be discussed
Swiss nationality or holding a valid Swiss work permit.
Please send your CV with a cover letter in English and a recent photograph to the attention of: Mr. Nicolas Toros, HR Business Partner. We will only consider and reply to the candidates who correspond to the profile.
The Fédération Internationale de Basketball (“FIBA”) is aware that you care about how your personal information is used and shared and appreciates your trust that FIBA will do so carefully and sensibly.
If you need more information about FIBA’s policy towards Personal Data, please refer to our Data Protection Notice on our website or contact us.