The A-Leagues represent the pinnacle of professional football in Australia, comprising the Isuzu Ute Men's, Women's, National Youth (Y-League) and E Leagues.
Setting out on an exciting new journey since gaining independence from Football Australia at the start of 2021, the A-Leagues is embarking on an ambitious strategy to drive engagement with men’s and women’s elite football and build on football’s undisputed position as the country’s most popular participation sport.
Guided by its vision to unite, entertain and grow the football audience in Australia, the A-Leagues is proud to showcase the most inclusive, welcoming and truly national sport in the country.
In this critical role you will be helping us achieve our vision to unite, entertain and grow football in Australia, by developing and delivering a world-class user experience as an integral part of a team at the heart of defining, building and leading the next generation of digital sports experience.
A key part of the core Product team and reporting to the Head of Product, the Digital Producer’s role involves managing the end-to-end delivery (technical and editorial) of content, features, enhancements, projects and campaigns as well as promoting the A-Leagues’ content across all digital platforms and assisting the management of stakeholder requests (internal, clubs, agency), delivering product requirements and building strong working relationships.
- Manage and oversee digital assignments, such as custom page and article builds, ad design, paid social media copy and layouts, video and infographics or animations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the CMS, site information architecture and product feature set, and become an SME on all functional platforms related to content creation and delivery across the APL ecosystem.
- Construct experiences around SEO best practice, considering social media and other promotional channels that promote content.
- Provide a point of contact for inbound questions and requests as related to digital production, execution, timelines and content creation.
- Respond to and resolve any content or technical issues on a day to day basis.
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams (including Editorial, Marketing, Engineering, Analytics, and Ad Ops) and external vendors to help manage workflow and assure content execution.
- Work with analytics specialists on traffic, site performance, user journey and user experience, identifying ways to improve and implement solutions.
- Project manage and/or assist with key priority builds, including creation of user interface concepts, wireframes, user flows, mock-ups and stakeholder management.
- Deliver best practice UX and engaging online experiences across all of APL’s digital content offering, for all visitors.
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing product functionality, design and structure.
- Identify new digital opportunities and support new project initiatives.
- Relevant qualifications/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role working on large, content-driven websites within a publishing environment.
- Advanced experience with Content Management Systems.
- A solid understanding of online technology.
- A solid understanding and experience with UX, IA and web structure.
- Demonstrable experience in optimising content for search and analytical measures.
- A working knowledge of analysis tools, including analytics, heat-map or similar personalisation tools / methods.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
- A strong attention to detail, with good process and planning skills.
- The ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines across multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interacting with a wide range of varying level of stakeholders.
- A willingness to get involved and show initiative in a creative environment.
- Experience in media, and a passion for football/sport is preferable.
- An intermediate understanding of JS, HTML, and / or CSS is beneficial.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive salary
- Startup vibe, flexible working, open spaced offices
- Mobile phone usage allowance
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Wine, Beer, Snacks, coffee and drinks.
Above all, we love football and, if you do too, you’ll love working with us. So if you’re excited about this opportunity, please ‘Apply now’.
APL is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified candidates will be considered for this role regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin.
APL does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thanks for your understanding.