Only Saudi applicants will be considered
Directorate: Reports to the Marketing Director
1. Job Objective
Lead a small team to implement a digital strategy that builds timely and meaningful engagement with key target audiences. Bring our story to life and create an intuitive customer journey across digital platforms to support our customer acquisition and retention to grow revenues across ticketing, hospitality, membership, sponsorships, auctions, merchandise, and non-raceday events.
2. Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement a coordinated digital strategy that supports revenue growth and brand positioning including day-to-day responsibilities for all JCSA’s websites, apps, social media channels and EDM communications.
- Be the creative vision behind all JCSA’s digital content. Develop, implement and measure original, innovative and effective content to support commercial objectives, ensuring ideas are on brand and deliverable. Manage ideation, production, editing, release and channels of distribution of all digital content for use across all of JCSA’s channels to support increased awareness, increased engagement, sales growth and improved guest experience for all products.
- Ensure growth of popularity of racing within the Kingdom, and increase both domestic and international impact of Saudi Cup.
- Lead the digital team to create an effective balance between creativity and production values with cost, time and purpose.
- Leverage content opportunities around racing, fashion, food, cultural, entertainment and corporate strands to support both brand positioning and commercial return while driving engagement with target audiences.
- Deliver aspirational content to elevate our events and products.
- Ensure a consistent tone-of-voice in Arabic and English by approving all digital output.
- Implement effective content management systems including archive and briefing process.
- Implement a robust analytical framework, putting data growth and customer insight at the heart of the business. Create an internal content hub to ensure that we maximise efficiencies of content.
- Evangelise digital activity across the company by working with key stakeholders across the organisation to support their business objectives.
- Delivery of an exceptional digital customer experience. Ensure streamlined and efficient customer journeys with any third party systems e.g. ticketing and merchandising systems.
- Support integration of digital experience with CRM in order to create a more tailored personalised user experience and support direct marketing results.
- Focus on the diagnostics of the site to ensure strong SEO performance.
- Support the delivery of our digital advertising activity.
- Identify and implement digital solutions that provide a step-change in our ability to capture customer data.
- Establish a videography content archive.
- Stay current with social media trends, tools and sports / entertainment rights’ holder activities.
- Financial Planning and Controlling
- Manage the annual digital budget.
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Ensure the adherence of the reporting directorates to JCSA’s policies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Management Reporting
- Management Reporting
- Create an environment that facilitates healthy relationships among all reporting directorates.
- Promote and maintain a good image of the club, while conducting business in an ethical and professional manner.
- Contribute to raising awareness and commitment to JCSA’s vision, mission, values and strategic objectives in order to establish a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
- Contribute to fostering an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged.
- Help in building a learning organization that will continue to grow, flourish and enhance the skills and abilities of employees.
- Take a role in managing the identification and implementation of change initiatives on systems, processes and practices in coordination with the relevant teams.
- Lead the development of the workforce requirements, recruiting, training and developing talent to ensure competent, qualified and highly motivated staff are in place to fulfill the digital needs.
3. Job Requirements
- Required Education
- Degree in Marketing or any other relevant field
- Professional Certification is a plus
- Experience and skills
• 7+ years’ relevant professional experience. Sports, entertainment, leisure or rights holder experience preferred.
• Strong production background
• Leadership experience preferred.
• Passion for storytelling and innovation but with analytical mindset, clear strategic thinking and planning.
• Experience of successful digital or content strategy implementation across a business.
• Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Dynamic, engaging and collaborative team player with a passion for getting the best out of people.
• Commercial savvy. Results driven; thrives on challenges; action orientated and pragmatic in approach.
• Strong understanding of brand.
• Experience in directing, managing content production and distribution of content.
• Ability to create and manage resources and smooth operational processes to engender effective team performance.
• Ability to lead a small team and collaborate as part of a broader cross-function team towards a common goal.
• Proven to work to an agreed budget, managing projects in the most effective way securing maximum value for money at every point.
• Strong understanding of digital analytic tools and metrics.
• Confident interpersonal, presentation and communications skills. Strong influencing skills; persuasive, able to win support and engagement of others.
• Committed to demonstrating the highest professional standards of operation and delivery at all times.
• Organized. Able to balance multiple priorities and remain focused and clear.
• Strong work ethic – persistent, take the initiative and be self-motivated.
• Creative eye but has attention to detail.
• Knowledge of racing an advantage.
• Technical understanding of digital acquisition techniques such as SEM, SEO, CRM
• Technical understanding for best practice in production, editing, and distribution of content
• Able to demonstrate understanding of performance metrics across digital to deliver commercial results.
• Management of a team, third party suppliers and temporary resources.
• Effective and proven budget management.
4. Organizational Relationships
- Direct Reports to:
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Direct Reports from
- Senior Digital Specialist (web & EDM)
- Senior Social Media Specialist x 2
- Content Producer
5. Contacts and Relationships
- Key Internal Relationship
- Partnerships & Sales Director
- Corporate Comms / Public Affairs Director
- Membership and Customer Services Director
- Media Operations Manager
- Marketing Director
- Racing Operations
- Help the sponsorship team to create, deliver and measure digital content rights.
- Effectively present customer product proposition in market.
- Provide insight to support sales effort.
- Work closely with Corporate Comms / Public Affairs to effectively integrate corporate messaging.
- To support membership comms and help aspirationally present the product in market.
- Support Broadcast team to ensure production efficiencies.
- Aspirational presentation of raceday experiences that resonate with target audiences
- Work closely with the racing team to ensure that all appropriate racing messages are integrated into consumer communication plans
- Build industry popularity in a credible way without compromising the sports’ integrity and safety.
- Work closely with IT team to ensure that channels offer a world class user experience.
- Key External Relationships
- Manage contracts, delivery and review of supporting agencies and freelancers.
To apply for the vacancy please click the ‘apply’ button below.