Digital Content and Social Media Manager
The UFC's Sydney, Australia office has a rare and unique opportunity to join the team as the Digital Content and Social Media Manager. The selected candidate will shape and execute digital content and social media strategy, while working closely with multiple departments to create awareness and develop initiatives that enhance the brand in the Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia markets. The position works with the content and creative teams to perform promotional activities ahead of fight cards, as well as live-event coverage on all local UFC platforms. The role requires developing distinct social media voices for both Australian, New Zealand and South-East Asian fans.
The main responsibilities include localization of digital content, video production, creative and editorial assets in addition to creating/shooting and editing short-form videos. The position will also manage all local UFC social accounts across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia, work with local athletes to bolster their social engagement and followers and work with the broader social media team to promote UFC athletes and events globally. This is an exciting opportunity that requires a dynamic individual who thrives outside a 9-to-5 environment and is a jack of all trades.
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative. UFC boasts one of the most powerful social media followings in all of professional sports. The Digital Content and Social Media Manager will be responsible for coordinating, managing and leading various aspects of the social media function as directed.
This is a role to join the team in Sydney, Australia.
- Contributes to and executes the social media strategy for Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
- Drives UFC brand, pay-per-view, broadcast, and star-building initiatives through digital content and social media platforms.
- Ability to shoot and produce short video content for digital, social and editorial distribution.
- Creates distinct voices for both Australia, New Zealand and South East Asian social accounts.
- Creatively engages a wide range of sports fans and influencers in the region on social media ahead of, and during, UFC events to build audience by posting social assets and cutting live fight highlights and GIFs.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Australian, New Zealand and South East Asian UFC athletes as ‘go-to’ person for any social media related inquiries.
- Performs the role with an ‘always on’ approach to digital and social media, constantly monitoring and engaging current trends, influencers in the region, website, athletes, celebrities and memes.
- Manages delivery of marketing, creative, digital, brand and broadcast assets for digital and social platforms.
- Supports sponsorship and marketing activations through social and digital platforms.
- Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to travel within the Asia Pacific region as well as globally.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other related area.
- Passion for and experience in social media marketing, with strong understanding of trends and best practices.
- Experience in sports marketing, special events, or media/entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of MMA, the UFC and its athletes and personalities.
- Photography and videography experience.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Hardworking and self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Creative and adept at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or InDesign and editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or After Effects is an asset.
- A basic understanding of the sporting broadcast landscape and live rights and restrictions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn other basic computer programs.
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment drug and background screenings
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.