Digital Communications Officer
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) is on a mission to protect clean sport and currently has an exciting opportunity available for you to join us. We’re looking to recruit a Digital Communications Officer, joining the Communications Directorate to play an active role in UKADs digital presence being responsible for the website, social media channels, including content creation and community management plus internal communications.
To ensure doping-free sport, promoting and protecting clean sport through education, testing and enforcement.
Integrity – We do what is right for clean sport, we are equitable and ethical, ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Collaboration – We work together and with others, sharing knowledge and building relationships to better tackle doping.
Excellence – We strive to achieve high standards in the protection of clean sport, evolving with the times and finding solutions.
Passion – We are dedicated to keeping sport clean, are proud of what we do and know it matters.
You will be responsible for building and growing our anti-doping community online and raising awareness and understanding of anti-doing among key audiences, including athletes, their support personnel and stakeholders. You will also assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of communications campaigns and planning tailored social media content and developing new and innovative content. In addition, you will support the internal communications using Viva Engage.
Key result areas include
- Create and manage monthly content calendar for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. This includes leading on the monthly content planning meeting, drafting copy for posts, and designing any relevant assets to accompany the posts using Adobe or Canva.
- Monitor and manage UKAD’s anti-doping community online, engaging with relevant influencers where appropriate.
- Create a monthly media and digital analytics report, to analyse where we are meeting our objectives and areas of improvement for our channels.
- To take responsibility to produce creative communication resources (including film and photography) and to better engage UKAD’s audiences.
- Support of the Communications Officer by developing social media plans to support all UKAD events including conferences, workshops, briefings, and outreach and other activities, as required.
- Responsible for the media monitoring account, coordinating, and disseminating media reports to staff and assisting with statistical media reports.
- Support the Communications Manager with website copy for news stories and feature articles.
- Be part of the out of hours on call media rota.
- Work with the Communications Officer (Brand and Internal Communications) to deliver internal communications plans to best engage UKAD staff on the business platform Viva Engage, provide weekly email roundups and work with internal stakeholders such as the people team to plan in general awareness events to recognise online.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a digital communications role, with a focus on website content creation and social media engagement
- Experience of managing a workload effectively to meet set deadlines
- Experience of writing in an engaging and informative style
- Knowledge of social media channels, Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Knowledge of content management systems to update website content and experience using social listening tools (e.g., Falcon, Hootsuite)
- Experience using Google Analytics and other analytics tools to create reports
- Experience using Canva or the Adobe Suite of products (Premiere Pro and Photoshop and/or Illustrator or InDesign) is preferred
- Creative approach to work, with the ability to develop innovative solutions and use initiative in problem solving
This role is Hybrid, working from home up to 3 days per week.