Digital Asset and Information Manager
We are dedicated to the beautiful game and its development in every corner of the world and in all of its aspects.
We are now looking for a Digital Asset and Information Manager that is part of FIFA and supports us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Providing leadership, guidance, and expertise to the Media Asset Management system and archive staff including regular review of cataloging and metadata
- Advising the FIFA Audiovisual Archive Group Leader in the articulation of an internal and external client-facing metadata vision to meet current and emerging information needs and new models of collection/content building and delivery
- Reviewing and evaluating workflows and work assignments, with an eye toward increasing efficiencies, bringing more high-quality content to clients and stakeholders more quickly, and building sustainable workflows to handle the increasing volume of digital assets
- Working in collaboration with the FIFA Audiovisual Archive Group Leader to develop and implement strategic priorities, documentation, and policies
- Training and overseeing colleagues and staff in cataloging /metadata standards, new technology applications, systems, and tools
- Collaborating with the FIFA Audiovisual Archive Group Leader, Football, Technology, and Innovation, FIFA IT, FIFA Legal, and FIFA Studios to assess, implement, and manage vendor arrangements for the outsourcing of cataloging and metadata projects.
- Participating in reference and research duties in support of clients and stakeholders
These tasks are a good start. Time will change. Take it and shape it.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of cataloguing and metadata as applied to sport and film collections
- Experience in cataloguing special collections, archival materials, and digital collections
- Experience in coordination or management of audiovisual media asset management systems
- Experience in batch cataloguing, metadata normalization, and metadata manipulation tools or programming languages
- At least five years of significant experience in cataloguing, and metadata services
- Several years' experience in managing and implementing audiovisual archive workflows
- Strong working knowledge of RDF and linked data vocabularies, XML, and other international metadata schemas, formats, standards, and protocols
- Evidence of successful and creative management of staff and operations, including demonstrated potential for leading transformational change
- Evidence of leadership in the fields of knowledge access and resource management, including demonstrated effective management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends in audiovisual archives, cloud-technologies, metadata migration
- Supervisory and training experience
- Proven track-record in managing complex projects
- Fluent in English, proficiency in any other FIFA language (F / ES / GER) is an asset
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Willingness to travel for work to FIFA tournaments and events
We are FIFA
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Russia in 2018 attracted almost four billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in France in 2019 one billion viewers. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have an office in Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.
Building the new FIFA is stimulating and demanding.
We seek people who can help take us to the next level. People who constantly challenge us to innovate and find better ways. Are you the right kind of player for our team?
Equal. Diverse. Inclusive.
Come as you are.
Perks & Benefits
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
- Health and fitness
- Home office
- Language courses
- Continuous learning
- Relocation allowance