Development Manager - Europe
WHY THIS ROLE?
The Development Manager (Europe) works to drive the growth of cricket in the Europe region by supporting the International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) Associate Members, managing ICC investment into Associate Members and delivering qualifying events as a pathway to ICC major events in Europe. The role is supported by a Development Officer (Europe), a Finance and Operations Officer (Europe) and a part time Regional Officer.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We know that Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people’s lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It’s something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket. The ICC’s Global Development Programme, which in Europe is delivered in partnership with the ECB, has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable growth of the sport globally.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You believe in the power of sport as a force for good.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- You have the energy and passion required to inspire others to perform.
- You have the ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities.
YOU'LL BE DOING
Providing support to ICC Members across Europe including -
- ‘Desktop’ support to 32 Associate Members.
- Sharing of best practices across members.
- Organising an annual regional conference for all Members in Europe.
- Managing the ICC investment into Associate Members in Europe including annual data collection, membership criteria compliance and ICC development funding policy).
Driving organisational development within Members in Europe by-
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to Members at senior management / board level, supporting their organisational development, strategic planning and annual planning.
- Facilitating regular ‘check and challenge’ conversations with Members.
- Playing a key role in Members annual review / planning / budgeting processes and where appropriate provide non-financial support to enhance the capacity of Members.
Managing the delivery of European qualifying events as a pathway to ICC major events by -
- Organising qualifying events to the ICC Cricket World, ICC WT20, ICC U19 Cricket World Cup, ICC Women’s World Cup and ICC Women’s World T20 for Members in Europe, as appropriate.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with other key partners ICC Full Members in Europe (ECB and Cricket Ireland).
- Exploring opportunities for cricket to be part of the European Sporting community.
- Being a key Member of the ICC Global Development Team, connecting regularly with counterparts in other locations
- Proven expertise in sports management with good understanding of best practice in sport development.
- Experience in managing sports participation programmes and education initiatives.
- A record of organisational leadership and team development.
- Strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing significant budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, construct, prioritise and deliver complex projects in disciplines ideally including sporting events.
- Experience in the application of excellent corporate governance – ideally in a sporting context.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% discount on New Balance items
The England and Wales Cricket Board is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.