We are looking for a Data Scientist to be a key part of the Business Analytics team at Chelsea Football Club, supporting the business to make decisions by providing data and insights.
Job Title – Data Scientist
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent, 35 hours per week, 5 from 7
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to be a key part of the Business Analytics team at Chelsea Football Club, supporting the business to make decisions by providing data and insights. Duties include:
- Create models and tools for the business to enable them to make effective decisions such as CLTV model and paid media spend
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support the business make decisions, including hypothesis testing and predictive modelling
- Build forecasts for key metrics using data science toolkit
- Set up of dashboards to track business performance and enable decision making at all levels of the business
- Presenting data to key stakeholders across the business (using a mixture of PowerPoint and Looker dashboards)
- Tracking of organisational KPIs and support deep dives to understand the root cause of business under performance
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Strong experience in Data Analytics in a related field, Consulting or Consumer Products
- Proven ability to research, analyse and problem solve
- Experience of delivering key insights to MD-Level audiences, and supporting their data needs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexible and adaptive to changes in the business
- Advanced SQL
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker)
- Applied experience of modelling data (e.g. regression, hypothesis testing, predictive modelling)
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. GCP)
- Experience with the following languages: Python, R
What We Offer:
Benefits at Chelsea FC 22/23 - 1 (pagetiger.com)
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.