Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Data Manager who will create and own the policies and processes to manage data held, controlled, processed and used by the organising committee. This person will sit within the Executive Office team, ensuring that the integrity and security of Birmingham 2022's data is protected, correctly retained and archived according to the organisations' policies and national and government requirements.
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive Information Management Strategy and associated Policies that define a clear set of rules and guidelines for the creation, distribution, management and retention of information across the business and all of the stakeholders.
- Analysis of the types of information and data that will be used by the organising committee and the relevant data flows both internally and externally.
- Identification of the appropriate security and retention classification for each type of data/information used by the organisation
- Identification and implementation of the appropriate data structures and format to ensure consistency of data sets to support later analysis
- Identification and engagement of the various stakeholders that will be involved in the flow of information, whether as contributors and collaborators or recipients.
- Support the Legal Department with the Development of information sharing agreements that can be put in place between the organising committee and all relevant stakeholders and which ensure the relevant obligations of the information management policy are inherited by recipient organisations.
- Maintain ownership of the register of data processing activities as required by GDPR and liaise with the OC's functional areas to ensure it is updated regularly and the correct process followed for keeping the register up to date. Implement a process for the preparation and completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) for all activities that involve person data processing and provide guidance and support to the relevant functional areas in respect of such preparation.
- Undertake due diligence checks and regularly auditing and monitoring of third party controls to help identify whether suppliers are processing data responsibly and in line with GDPR requirements.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience within a Data Manager position or in a similar role
- Awareness of industry and professional standards.
- Knowledge of the GDPR/DPA 2018 and its practical implementation.
- Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Effective communication skills suitable for the liaison with B2022 staff and senior management
- Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, including producing reports, appropriate tools and techniques, and taking a lead role as required in meetings and discussions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks.
- Flexibility to support several different projects within the function and to adapt to the differing demands.
- Ability to influence, communicate technical issues and support other functional areas
Salary - £45,000 per annum
Start date - April 2021
Location - Birmingham
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.