Data & Insights Partner
Our Purpose & Mission
At Global Sports our purpose is to “empower opportunity through sport.”
To achieve this, we are on a mission to “understand, develop and inspire human potential in sports business”. We help some of the biggest and smallest names in international sport business to do just that through a range of services. From our market leading digital Careers platforms, to our Embedded Hiring teams, to market data & insights and beyond – we aim to support all stages of a sports business’ growth and a person’s career.
As a core part of the Global Sports digital operations team, you will be responsible for driving the development and improvement of our overall data and insights capability. You will lead the management of our data & analytics infrastructure, building new tools and programmes to drive greater insights - putting data at the heart of everything we do. Insights will further enhance our market position and deliver commercial opportunities of value to our audiences and customers.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data and insights and focused on helping Global Sports grow commercial opportunity through data. You will be excited by the opportunity to drive this area of the business forward and realise its potential, while taking on a number of existing data and insight projects, making them your own. This role will suit someone from a strong data analyst background, with proven technical capabilities, and who is commercially minded about Insights. You will be highly motivated and driven to succeed and if you have an interest in sport, all the better!
• Manage our Azure-based data warehouse, continually evaluating this infrastructure to drive improvements and efficiencies.
• Drive the development and improvement of our Power Bi data analytics, working with key stakeholders across the business to enhance the value of our data to customers.
• Manage relevant 3rd party suppliers and partners.
• Propose opportunities to develop our data capabilities and continually push product proposition and commercial opportunities.
• Effectively manage our data environment in order to produce timely, understandable and actionable insights for a range of audiences and applications.
• Be the subject matter expert for data and insights across the business, enabling data-driven decisions and uncovering market opportunities.
• Create actionable insights which drive sales, increase our b2c audience, and provide more valuable b2b and b2c services.
• Lead the delivery, development and enhancement of monthly customer insight reports and dashboards.
• Identify, build and execute market research programmes (qualitative and quantitative) in collaboration with the Marketing team to produce unique insights and strengthen our market positioning.
• Conduct focus group research to collate opinion and feedback to inform future development of our products and services and enhance the value we deliver to our customers
• Scope, deliver and develop bespoke customer analytics projects.
• Manage the data and insights production for our market-leading annual ‘People Agenda’ and ‘Career Health Indicators’
Key Experiences & Skills
• Deep understanding and curiosity of data analytics and insights
• Proven experience of extracting and interpreting data
• Strong knowledge and practical experience of managing data infrastructures and business intelligence platforms/tools, specifically Microsoft Azure, SQL and Power BI
• Strong skills in transforming data into understandable, actionable and engaging insights
• Ability to simplify complex concepts into insight/commentary on key areas
• Strong storytelling and presentation skills
• Creating and managing databases and dashboards to inform decisions
• Excellent project management experience, able to lead data projects from concept to delivery independently
• Hard-working and self-motivated individual with the ability to work off your own initiative and a strong desire to achieve
• A natural problem solver, you embrace new opportunities (or challenges) with a tenacity and resilience that sees things through to conclusion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A keen eye for the detail and excellent accuracy of work