The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game - to developing future focused platforms for professional football - our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
The Role and Key Accountabilities
Oversee the data and integration strategy of a suite of FA products and ensure that it aligns with the wider technology strategy and organisational goals. Drive alignment to help Digital Technology and our partners collectively deliver simple, flexible & sustainable digital solutions and own the technical standards and best practices, providing communication, advice, and guidance to all stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of The FA's business strategy.
- Define data and integration architectures for transactional product data
- Manage the architecture interface with 3rd party software vendors and partner organisations.
- Provide architectural leadership and consultancy to product teams.
- Help stakeholders understand the data and integration strategy to aid decision making.
- Create technical standards and best practices, leveraging industry standards.
- Identify opportunities based on technical knowledge and industry trends.
- Mentor internal and partner development teams on data and integration architectures.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrates an excellent in depth understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, all versions
- Experience in designing and leading / reviewing the conceptual, logical and physical design for distributed databases.
- Experience in designing data integration strategies using SSIS, Azure Data Factory, message-based communication
- Experience of microservice-based architectures and associated patterns
- Experience in architecting asynchronous, message-based architectures
- Experience of cloud data technologies and solutions
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server in clustered and high availability environments.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFE)
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL, .NET in an enterprise environment
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.