Cycling European Entry Sales Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced sales person who has knowledge of amateur endurance sports (ideally cycling) and has existing relationships with the endurance sports industry (clubs, teams, shops, coaching companies, corporate, tour operators etc.), preferably at a European level.
This position will develop a clear European Sales & Trade Marketing strategy in line with global sales Objectives, via both online and in-person environments.
This position has 2 direct reports, a UK & France Market Manager and a Tour Operators Manager.
Working directly with the Haute Route CEO and in close collaboration with the Haute Route Commercial & Marketing Director, this role touches many aspects of the Haute Route brand.
- Develop sales strategies tailored to the various European customers of Haute Route (bike shops, teams, clubs, tour operators, coaching companies etc.).
- Build a database of potential customers.
- Create a strong B2B network to accelerate business growth.
- Create and sell group packages for Corporates in major cities.
- Prospect & close new sales.
- Develop and manage relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Responsible for achieving entry sales quotas.
- Provide weekly entry sales reports.
- Provide accurate and timely entry sales forecasts.
- Develop strategies to leverage the representative networks of Haute Route partners/sponsors.
- Enter all leads created by European Haute Route ambassadors, bike expo activities and social media efforts into the CRM system and turn them into sales prospects.
Trade Marketing Missions:
- Approve and manage Market Managers action plan (set-up, promotion and hosting sales events towards all the « on-the-ground marketing » levers).
- Increasing retail sell through by supporting the retail outlets via the Market Managers action plan.
- Generate brand awareness with key influencer groups and the wider cycling community through own lead generation, and working with the Haute Route Global team on marketing programs.
- Train shop sales staff to understand the key benefits of the Global Haute Route Offer.
- Work with retail outlets to influence and deliver tailored in-store merchandising.
- Attend on-the-ground cycling events, expos, races, shows etc. including coordination of promotional material and stall set up / take down.
- Be an ambassador for the Haute Route Brand.
- Report in-market activities including competitor activities, store visit reports and customer feedback.
- Proven success in sales (with a killer sales instinct).
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of the endurance sport industry.
- Strong understanding of the cycling industry - highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of the Haute Route brand.
- Fluent English speaker - French desirable.
- Self-starter with a drive to achieve results.
- Well organised, with strong planning & time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as a part of a team in a fast moving environment.
- Professional attitude.
- Must be able to represent Haute Route’s core values and company culture.
- Existing relationships with bike clubs, teams, shops, tour operators and coaching companies, ideally on a European level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident public speaker with strong presentation skills.
- Personal cycling experience desirable (with participation in one or more Haute Route events a plus).
- Significant travel required on a European level.
How to Apply:
Your application must be in English, include a CV/resume AND a cover letter detailing which role you are applying for, your nationality/work permit status and a short description that tells us a little bit about you, including:
- What is the bravest thing you have ever done ?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above in your cover letter.
The successful candidate can either be based in Lausanne, Switzerland or London, United Kingdom.