The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game - to developing future focused platforms for professional football - our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
The Role and Key Accountabilities
This role is responsible for designing and developing solutions that meet the business requirements within a customised implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, primarily focused on supporting the CRM implementation within our Attend product line which includes our Club Wembley product.
- Develop CRM solutions in accordance with the design provide by the solution architect
- Ensure that all code meets standards, and that quality processes are followed, including use of source control
- Monitor changes to existing code base to ensure on-going supportability and robustness of software solutions
- Diagnose any CRM issues and offer workarounds to our business
- Work with Agile scrum teams to make updates to CRM, breaking down functional requirements into explicit programming tasks and providing estimates where
- Proactively communicate project progress to team managers
- Takes ownership for the overall CRM design within a product area
- Work alongside the solution architect and to agree, document and implement designs in the CRM area
- Support the development and continuous improvement of IT policies, process, and documentation in order to continually enhance the overall service to the
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in
- Maintain familiarity with all core systems within The FA in order to be able to assist in the future development of such projects.
- Proactively demonstrates required behaviours in line with the expectations of the
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Significant commercial development experience within a CRM Environment
- Significant recent experience and proven ability in developing Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications, including Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Dynamics CRM 2016
- Good experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core and Web API
- Experience developing CRM plug-ins and asynchronous tasks
- Experience with logical data design, and in designing schemas for relational database systems
- Working knowledge of OOP and common design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/TDD
- Must be able to break down technical projects into specific tasks to assist in the creation of a project
- Good communication skills
- Experienced working productively with agile teams, with an ability to mentor and develop other developers
- Technical degree
- Experience developing and supporting high-volume public- facing web applications
- Experience in building and consuming REST and WCF web services and related technologies
- Knowledge or experience of commercial web development experience using C# (.NET 4.5 & Core), Angular, Entity Framework, T-SQL in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with Azure, Azure DevOps, CI/CD
- Experience of using Confluence and Jira
- Technology experience within Football or other sporting associations/stadiums, and/or a working knowledge of sports administration systems
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.