Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Copywriter to be responsible for the creation of written copy and content for a variety of purposes, particularly the website and social media, Games Apps and a wide range of Organising Committee publications, marketing and communications materials. The role will be part of the in-house Studio team the Publications Functional Area.
- Provide an in-house copywriting agency service to fulfil requests from within the Communications and Marketing Division, including the Digital Media team, and across the Organising Committee.
- Working within the Studio team, proactively forward plan and deliver content that supports the Birmingham 2022 Marketing & Communications Strategy and wider corporate ambitions of the business.
- Research and create effective, compelling copy for a range of internal and external communications for the Organising Committee. This will include corporate and consumer-facing editorial services across web, email, brochure, report and leaflet content, content for partner publications and supplements and provision of articles for other appropriate publications.
- Collaborate with Studio Graphic Designers to conceptualise and deliver innovative marketing, communications and publications content.
- Support the Publications & Studio Manager with the development of robust quality assurance, archiving and approval processes.
- Liaise closely with the Digital Media team to provide informing, engaging and entertaining daily features copy for the website and Games Apps.
- Ensure all copy, whether being created or edited, adheres to the brand and editorial guidelines.
- Proof-read, edit and re-write internal and external reports and publications as and when required.
- Support the Publications and Studio Manager, Head of Marketing and Head of Communications with other tasks, as agreed and where appropriate.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven editorial and content development skills.
- Extensive experience in digital copywriting.
- Ability to use MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an Advanced level.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Demonstrate copywriting credentials and a wide portfolio of experience.
- Extensive experience of copywriting across several subject matters.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and skilfully manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Strong conceptual skills and the ability to present ideas clearly.
- Good time management and project prioritisation.
- Has a can-do attitude and skills developed in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Diploma / degree qualified in marketing or communications (or similar)
- CIM or evidence of continual professional development
Salary - £30,000-35,000 per annum
Start date - February 2021
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.