Coordinator Athlete Services
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries.
For our IRONMAN South Region Office based in Barcelona, Spain, we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent Portuguese, English and Spanish speaking
Coordinator Athlete Services (m/f/d). As a contractor for IRONMAN Spain, you can expect to work with an ambitious and sport orientated company. You will work with a team in an international environment. Our focus is the organization of high-class sport events.
The Athlete Services team are responsible for overseeing the entire athlete experience (including side events), from the setup of on-line registrations, athlete queries, website management, bib allocation, athlete communication via e-mails, registration onsite, athlete welfare and the awards ceremony. They must work closely with Functions manager, Race Director, Partnership team managing Expo, Operations team, Timing company, Race referee, Announcers, Marketing team and Medical team to ensure a smooth experience for athletes.
- Day to day athlete enquiries and services, answering e-mails and phone calls.
- Close collaboration with Marketing and Athlete Development.
- Support executing athlete development programs such as AWA, TriClub and Become One.
- Coordinate Event Registration Openings.
- Maintain the website.
- Athlete guide.
- Administration and maintenance of the online registration tool (Active) and the athlete database (CRM).
- Set up event registration forms in Active.
- Planning & implementing of participant accreditation onsite at Events.
- Layout planning of set up.
- Coordinate and supervisor Team Leaders and volunteers onsite.
- Work closely together with local triathlon federations, timing partner and other partners to ensure smooth execution of events.
- Assist with bulk ordering.
- Prepare captain manuals for all areas that concern Athlete Services before the events.
- Deal with all post event related tasks such as timing result issues, athlete complains and lost property.
Skills and competencies
Your excellent communication skills written, and verbal qualify you to work with the athlete service department. Independent working, flexibility, reliability and the ability to work under pressure and solve problems are self-evident for you. To be part of our events guarantee you an exciting and diversified working climate.
- High level of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree or vocational school ideally in administration, economy, sport or endurance/event business.
- 1 – 2 years in sport event area or customer service experience.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure as well as organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for sport: knowledge of triathlon, cycling and trail preferred but not essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of: Active & Office 365
- Languages: Portuguese, English and Spanish must.
- Ability to travel and work in sport events on weekends.
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Opportunity to be creative in your work and the possibility to develop your own ideas and concepts.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes as well as travel to other European countries.
- Part of a growing global publicly listed Company.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV in English language including your earliest start date. Are you interested? Please apply via the link below.