B2022 are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager who will contribute to the collation and documentation of specific Client Services information for the Transfer of Games Knowledge required by the Commonwealth Games Federation and as defined in Games Manuals.
- Support the System Managers in establishing the transport requirements for all client groups using fleet, bus or public transport.
- Reporting to the Head of Bus Systems and Head of Fleet systems, the Transport Contracts Manager will ensure that the administration of the contracts (and sub-contracts) relating to the provision of Bus and Fleet Services for Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games are robustly planned and negotiated, managed and will ensure that they are closed out within the agreed budget.
- Successfully manage supplier contracts, ensuring that all parties' obligations are met through the development, adaptation and implementation of contract administration frameworks.
- Maximise opportunities to define service levels within agreed budgets.
- Ensure Task Orders are robust and coordinated across multiple contracts.
- Oversee spend and delivery against KPIs.
Skills and Experience Required
- Highly developed contract management skills with good understanding of managing Change Controls.
- Highly developed scheduling and project management skills.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary negotiation skills.
- Experienced in contract management and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of general contract law principles and awareness of key issues in contracts such as limitations of liability, indemnities, warranties and termination rights.
- Experience working in client services or a customer focus in Transport in a sporting environment.
- Broad event transport knowledge.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably business related) or holds a relevant professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
- Relevant experience with contract management / procurement and project management or equivalent education.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the .
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable)
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.