Content & Social Media Manager
A New Sport, for a Next Generation, supporting a Now Movement.
Our ambition is to accelerate micro mobility performance and safety through a world-class racing Championship. To create an accessible and inclusive sport that inspires, excites, connects and entertains a new urban fan, whilst supporting a global movement towards more sustainable cities.
The Championship is made up of 10 teams of 2 riders racing specially developed electric scooters around bespoke inner-city circuits at speeds of over 110 km/h. The Championship is open to all genders, attracting international athletes from diverse sporting backgrounds.
After a trial season of 4 international events in 2022, the Championship is re-launching for its second season in 2024, planning 2/3 races in USA, 2/3 in Europe and 1/2 in the Middle East. Beyond 2024 we will continue to grow the championship sustainably to a likely maximum of 20+ events.
We aim to leave a positive impact on the cities we race in, raising awareness, offering access and hosting discussions. eSC provides the opportunity to be part of an organisation that impacts beyond Sport.
We are a start-up. Offering opportunity for entrepreneurial creative thinkers, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who are prepared to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and deliver results, as part of a dynamic Team.
This is a pivotal role to generate awareness of the eSC brand and tell our compelling story across social and digital channels. We are looking for someone who can develop a robust content funnel and execute social content which creates brand awareness, amplifies engagement, and builds fandom for the Championship.
You’ll be a team player with a passion for sports, used to fast-paced environments with a deep understanding of social channels and emerging technologies. The day-to-day remit will include:
- Development of content and editorial in-line with the eSC brand positioning / target segments (ideation through to production).
- Lead the creation of a robust content funnel/calendar together in collaboration with the wider eSC team/supporting agencies.
- Campaign expertise including use of paid media.
- Primary copywriter across all social channels.
- Schedule & publish posts across social channels and websites.
- Execute content ideas which utilise key eSC assets such as riders and teams.
- Develop the eSC approach to content creation via the creator community.
- Community management, social listening, and outreach.
- Development of relevant social metrics aligned to company KPIs.
- Understanding of social analytics tools to inform feedback and iterative improvements.
This is a key role in the eSC business as we look to disrupt the sporting landscape, bringing a fresh, exciting, and sustainable racing series to the sporting stage:
- Strong content and editorial skills.
- A creative thinker with the ability to articulate ideas concisely.
- Highly motivated ambitious self-starter.
- A team player, with strong interpersonal skills to develop close-working relationships across departments.
- Strong communication skills to confidently present proposals/ strategies internally and externally.
- In-depth understanding of social media channels – maximising new and existing audiences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a social/content environment.
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays, plus birthdays off.
- Physical, Mental Health & Well-being cover.
- Flexible working hours.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company.
- Competitive salary.
To apply, please send your CV & Cover Letter. Do save the documents as follows: Full Name space Date (six digit format) space Role Title.