Content Producer, Competitions (FTC until July 2024)
Are you a Content specialist who is able to create, engage and entertain audiences through best-in-class social content?
Look no further. We have an exciting opportunity available for a Content Producer on a fixed-term basis, who will plan, produce and lead content execution of our brand strategy related to the Emirates FA Cup and Vitality Women's FA Cup across owned and operated channels.
What will you be doing?
- Work collaboratively with our in-house video creative team to plan and execute industry-leading social content - driving engagement and positive sentiment.
- Remain up to date with new trends/behaviours on social media (primary focus on TikTok, YouTube and Instagram) and translate this into content campaigns throughout the season.
- Create and own editorial content plans, working alongside a wide range of stakeholders, such as The FA's brand, communications, commercial teams and external agencies.
- Daily management of The FA's social media channels, including analysis and optimisation of content to maximise reach, engagement, and community management.
- Lead on the live delivery of content across events, matchdays, round weekends, media days, club/player shoots and cup finals.
- Lead role in supporting and harnessing daily relationships with our external creative and content agencies.
- Work collaboratively with our experienced in-house web team on editorial output and opportunities to drive users to owned platforms.
- Identify and action opportunities to drive interest from our social media platforms to our OTT broadcast ecosystem, The FA Player, driving conversion and demonstrating the value of subscription service.
- Analyse social insights on content, channel, and campaign performance, sharing learnings and continually adapting best practices with key stakeholders.
- Integral member of various cross-functional working groups to provide content and social support with wider business objectives, particularly related to the growth of the FA Cup.
- Represent the competitions team in related and regular in-house and external meetings.
- Support our communications team with aligned and agreed external messaging.
- Support our broadcast team with the delivery of value-adding propositions for domestic and international rightsholders.
- Work collaboratively with The FA's commercial content team to deliver B2B output that engages and entertains audiences.
What are we looking for?
Essential for the role:
- Strong evidence of creating engaging, entertaining and best-in-class social content.
- Experience and knowledge of Gen Z and youth culture audiences and how they behave on social media.
- Understands fandom communities in social media spaces.
- Ability to produce and share short, medium, and long-term content plans.
- Experience creating social media video content for Reels and TikTok.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-functional team to achieve mutual aims and organisational objectives.
- Seamless communication skills across online messaging tools and in person that align to the pace of live events.
- A strong and natural storyteller with sound editorial judgement.
- Thorough knowledge and passion of football.
- Flexible approach to working hours and locations.
Beneficial to have:
- Experience of working for a brand, media publisher or agency.
- Journalism background and qualification.
- Experience of paid social media advertising.
- Proficient user of image-editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
- Proficient user of video-editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere).
- Experience of cloud-based video-clipping software (e.g. Grabyo).
- Experience of website CMS (e.g. Sitecore).
- Previous experience in a professional sports' creative environment.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to ensuring everyone can flourish in their roles, to achieve this we have unique office spaces under the arch of the iconic Wembley National Stadium, which is the home of English Football. We are also delighted to offer a world-class, Elite Performance Centre, St. George's Park in Staffordshire which is an exceptional setting to develop and inspire high-performing England teams and leaders.
We pride ourselves in offering a competitive salary as well as great opportunities to develop and grow in your role. But that is not all; we also have a range of exciting benefits, some of which can be found below:
- Access to event day tickets at Wembley Stadium, alongside a host of regular internal events throughout the season encouraging you to connect and learn with your colleagues and look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Free, nutritious lunches, at Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
- Free private medical cover.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- An additional Thank You days leave, volunteering days as well as 25 days annual leave.
- A hybrid working model offering flexibility on where you work.
For more information on what it is like to work at The FA, please visit our FA Careers page, https://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/careers
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
Your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre, unless the role is advertised as a homebased contract. The contractual location of this role can be found at the top of this advert on our FA vacancy page.
The FA, For All, For You
Our equality, diversity and inclusion strategy forms an integral part of our long-term commitment to using our influence across English football to create a game free from discrimination.
A Game For All outlines three key strategic commitments - Lead the Change, Be the Change, and Inspire the Change - which will ensure tackling discrimination remains a core priority for English football for years to come.
We are a diverse workplace, aspiring to represent football across the country. The Football Association actively promotes inclusion and diversity, encouraging you to be the best version of yourself at work.
We welcome applications from everyone and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this during your application.
As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.