Intelligent Health is on a mission to build active communities that bring families, neighbours and local businesses together to feel proud of where they live and empowered to make positive changes to their health and wellbeing.
Our award-winning community fitness programme Beat the Street has transformed the health and wellbeing of over 1.4m people to date, with unparalleled results across the UK and Europe.
We have plans to take the campaign global and we need an experienced communications leader to help build and shape our content strategy.
Our vision is to improve health as a state of overall wellbeing, not just an absence of disease.
We have a strong set of values which help shape and inform our culture. We are honest, kind, passionate about health, proactive and reliable.
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Core role: To plan, produce and develop a content strategy that deepens engagement with participants of Beat the Street – Intelligent Health’s award-winning community health programme.
You will be part of the team responsible for shaping the experience users of our product receive, creating standout content for them to consume and building a highly engaged community on our new digital experience platform.
This is a hybrid technical and content strategist role, so a strong understanding of digital systems and technology is essential.
• Create and develop an integrated content strategy for Beat the Street which helps build the brand and strengthens our relationship with participants across platforms
• Analyse and interpret audience data across our website and app to produce tailored content for different segments across channels at scale
• Work with the Marketing Director and Chief Technology Officer to build a best-in-class digital experience platform for our participants
• Manage an enthusiastic and talented team of four content creators specialising in copywriting, video and radio production, social media management and website management, coaching and sharing best practice techniques to broaden their knowledge
• Demonstrate strong cross-functional leadership and influencing skills to build relationships quickly across the business and third-party partners
• Plan, create and oversee a content calendar which can be shared with the wider business to ensure key staff know what content is being published each day
• Develop improved ways of creating content at scale, simplifying processes and introducing new technology and systems where necessary to increase efficiency
• At least six years’ experience in a senior role overseeing digital strategy & content marketing and leading a team
• Technically savvy, with demonstrated experience using marketing technology including CMS and CRM systems
• A digital native, someone who loves consuming content across social media, websites, podcasts and apps
• Passionate about sport and health with proven experience in building a brand
• An excellent communicator, able to determine which mediums our messaging will resonate best on and at comfortable talking to stakeholders of different seniority
• A self-starter and someone ready to get stuck in and take the lead
• Curious by nature and focused on creating sector-leading content
Education & Skills
• Degree or CIM educated
• Line management experience
• Highly literate and numerate with excellent internal stakeholder and client management
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office with a working knowledge of Photoshop or other image editing software a bonus
• Confident using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and similar analytics tools
• Thorough understanding of what makes good website and app content
• Working knowledge of current best practice SEO
• Previous experience using a CMS is essential
• Working knowledge of CRM tools such as Mailchimp and Survey Monkey
• Strong understanding of how the leading social media platforms work
About Intelligent Health
Our values: Honest, kind, passionate about health, proactive and reliable.
Intelligent Health was founded in 2010 by Dr William Bird MBE, and our award-winning Beat the Street programme has engaged over 1.4 million people to date with unparalleled results across the UK and Europe. The programme is funded via the National Lottery, Sport England and Council partners and lifts thousands of adults and children into activity each year.
Beat the Street aims to encourage people to walk, run and cycle more instead of using vehicles or public transport. It helps people explore their local community and discover routes and areas they may not know. It’s free to take part and open to anyone in the community, of any age who would like to get more active or learn more about their locality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is making a tangible difference to people’s lives. We offer flexible working hours, a dedicated, collaborative environment and ongoing training for our staff. And our latest staff survey revealed 95% of our staff felt their work directly helped to improve the health of local communities.