Competitions Technology Project Manager
• Assist Head of Tournament & Venue Technology in defining the strategy for Tournament ICT.
• Production of Tournament ICT Architecture, security and detailed design documents.
• Development of detailed ICT power requirements specification.
• Development of operational plans to ensure successful delivery of ICT services at tournament venues, including the development of tournament time daily run sheets.
• Establishment of strong working relationships with ICT counterparts at tournament venues.
• Installation of Tournament ICT overlay at match venues.
• Definition of appropriate policies and procedures to support the operational plans and strategy.
• Management of the tournament delivery team (including contractors) to ensure the ICT services are supported to the highest standards.
• Wash up report at the end of each Tournament outlining any issues, what worked well and what didn’t and the key learning’s in respect to ICT management and services
• In conjunction with suppliers create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Provide subject matter expert (SME) advice and support on definition of ICT Architecture and detailed solution design.
• Develop operations plans, evaluate and review the execution of these plans to ensure business priorities are met and standards are achieved.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, key stakeholders, suppliers and other external parties as required.
• Advise and monitor system security through the development of “Best Practice” security policies.
• Monitor relevant operational budget results on a monthly basis, comparing actual against budget and forecasts, noting major variances, supplying explanations and recommending corrective action
• Assist with management of operational service delivery by external ICT specialist providers to compliment in-house resource ensuring that the infrastructure is properly supported and developed.
• Participation in Venue management planning meetings and workshops, test events, readiness exercises and technology testing.
• Monitoring of completed installations to ensure technology equipment is operating to required standards; and daily reporting on technology status escalating of issues as appropriate.
• Provide ICT project support and training when required.
• Undertake other duties as determined by the Head of Tournament & Venue Technology to meet team and organisation objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5 years or more experience managing technology solutions and projects in multi-vendor environments
• Working knowledge of IT industry standards and new technology opportunities
• Experienced in managing project and Service Level Agreements in a multi-vendor environment, including directly managing vendor relationships.
• Demonstrable experience with the delivery of infrastructure services and solutions in a high availability environment.
• Understanding of challenges associated with outsourcing the management of hardware and infrastructure services
• Competent in industry recognised project methodology (e.g. PRINCE2 or equivalent)
• Demonstrable experience in business analysis and business process mapping
• Strong vendor management experience
• Strong understanding of and ability to manage often opposing business expectations and a fixed budget
• Practical and pragmatic approach to scoping business requirements that are fit for Tournament purposes as opposed to for a business as usual operation
• Discrete and clear communication skills with internal and external stakeholders