Commissioning Editor Winter Sports
Red Bull Media House is an award-winning, globally distributed multi-platform media company on a mission to inspire with ‘beyond the ordinary’ stories - both direct-to-consumer and through partnerships. With a focus on sports, culture and lifestyle content, Red Bull Media House offers a wide range of premium media products across TV, mobile, digital, audio, and print. Red Bull Media House produces and licenses a broad selection of global live broadcast events, compelling and inspirational local storytelling with original short and long-form programming as well as feature films from around the world. www.redbullmediahouse.com
Areas that play to your strengths
(All the responsibilities we'll trust you with):
- Lead Winter Sports Content Strategy
In this role, you’ll work within the Winter Sports audience team to identify opportunities and commission strategic, distinctive content which can entertain and grow our audience in this area. You’ll devise the year-long, cross platform content strategy that will deliver this potential and communicate content needs on a rolling basis. Additionally, you’ll set the engagement and reach targets for the Winter Sports audience verticals.
- Commission & manage Content
You’ll be the drive of all Winter Sports content, commissioning social, live, short-, mid- and long-form content. You will identify format and content needs, define scope and priorities, manage the Winter Sports content budget, work with production teams to deliver distinctive, inspiring and meaningful content and define the Red Bull tone of voice in Winter Sports to engage our audience.
- Networking & Collaboration
Working closely with other teams, you will ensure strategic content is developed and produced in line with the content and network needs.
You’ll collaborate with in-house and third-party producers, Development, Live and Communications and Marketing teams on a regular basis. You will help develop content expertise in Winter Sports content for all markets by working with country counterparts, ensuring a consistently deep knowledge of the scene and subject matter.
To monitor traffic, content performance and adjust the strategy, you’ll work closely with Programming and Analytics.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
(That matter most for this role):
- 7+ years’ experience in a mature media market
- Degree in Communications, Media, Journalism or similar
- Exceptional editorial skills in Winter Sports
- Outstanding storytelling skills with a passion for entertaining, innovative and creative content
- Digital, social, TV content creation, production and activation
- Content strategy and commissioning
- Knowledge of audience development and analytics, with the ability to analyse and sensibly use data
- A great reputation and contacts in the field of Winter Sports
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A structured, organized and reliable project manager
- Confident, self-starting decision-maker and problem-solver who is also a team player
- Fluent in English (and ideally another European language)