Commissioning Editor Motorsports
Areas that play to your strengths: (all the responsibilities we'll trust you with)
Lead Motorsports Content Strategy
In this role, you’ll work within the Motorsports audience team to identify opportunities and commission strategic, distinctive content which can entertain and grow our audience in this area. You’ll devise the year-long, cross platform content strategy that will deliver this potential and communicate content needs on a rolling basis. Moreover, you’ll set the engagement and reach targets for the Motorsports audience verticals.
Commission & Manage Content
You’ll be the drive of all Motorsports content, commissioning social, live, short-, mid- and long-form content. You will identify format and content needs, define scope and priorities, manage the motorsports content budget, work with production teams to deliver distinctive, inspiring and meaningful content and define the Red Bull tone of voice in Motorsports to engage our audience. Additionally, you’ll manage the Motorsports Editor, responsible for feature text and still image stories and news content output, with focus on RedBull.com and finding synergies with The Red Bulletin and Speedweek.
Networking and Collaboration
Working closely with other teams, you will ensure strategic content is developed and produced in line with the content and network needs. You’ll collaborate with in-house and third-party producers, Development, Live and Communications and Marketing teams on a regular basis. You will help develop content expertise in Motorsports content for all markets by working with country counterparts, ensuring a consistently deep knowledge of the scene and subject matter. To monitor traffic, content performance and adjust the strategy, you’ll work closely with Programming and Analytics.
Your experience includes: (Proven performance in)
- 10+ years’ experience in a mature media market
- Degree in Communications, Media, Journalism or similar
- Exceptional editorial skills in Motorsports
- Outstanding storytelling skills with a passion for entertaining, creative content
- Digital, social, TV content creation, production and activation
- Content strategy and commissioning
- Knowledge of audience analytics and development, with the ability to analyse and sensibly use data
- A great reputation and contacts in the field of Motorsports
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A structured, organized and reliable project manager
- Confident, self-starting decision-maker and problem-solver who is also a team player
- Fluent in English (and ideally another European language)
We are looking forward to receiving your online application!