Commercial Partnerships Manager
Job Title: Commercial Partnerships Manager
Reporting To: Commercial Director
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract until October 31st 2020
Location: London, W1
About the British Olympic Association:
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) Vision is to ‘Unite and Inspire the nation through the power of Olympic Sport’ and its Mission is to ensure Team GB are ‘the best supported team in Olympic competition’. The BOA’s primary role and purpose is to;
Select, lead, and manage Team GB at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC)and European Olympic Committees (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Games, Youth Festivals, and the European Games; and Develop the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism, in our territory of responsibility.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. The success of our mission is entirely dependent upon the income we receive from our commercial programmes including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing, and events. The BOA is the UK National Olympic Committee and the strong, independent voice for British Olympic Sport responsible for promoting the Olympic Movement throughout the UK.
- Day to day management of BOA relationships with a selected portfolio of Olympic sponsors. Responsible for all relationship, activation and contractual issues arising within the specific sponsors and their agencies
- Manage and advise on sponsor activations to ensure all activations are in line with the agendas of the numerous stakeholders
- Project manage ad-hoc commercial event programmes and related campaigns
- Support on new business efforts as required
- Excellent client servicing and relationship management of the Team GB sponsors
- Effectively manage the delivery of the sponsor’s contractual rights at Team GB events, programmes, communications and digital platforms
- Provide solid guidance and advice about do’s/don’ts with regards to Olympic activation
- Ensure the sponsors represent the BOA and Team GB brand correctly in all collateral and communication by following the BOA’s approvals process
- Work closely with the BOA’s internal marketing, communications and digital teams to ensure partner campaigns are fully integrated
- Liaise with the National Governing Bodies and athletes’ agents regarding Team GB athlete requirements for sponsors and facilitate appearance requests as required
- Advise sponsors on activation and campaign planning
- Identify upsell opportunities where appropriate
- Work with sponsors on delivering VIK needs for Team GB to ensure maximum performance at Olympic Games
- Work with delivery agencies to oversee the planning and delivery of various commercial event programmes, including fundraising events, mass participation and fan activations
- Support the integration of all programmes with BOA channels and activity using effective project management tools/skills
- Efficiently co-ordinate multiple stakeholders, agreements and timeframes
- Ensure sponsor contractual rights are delivered
- Deliver all projects on time and on budget
General Commercial Team responsibilities
- Day to day liaison with wider BOA departments such as Marketing, Comms and Legal
- Line Manager responsibility for 1x Commercial Executive
- Presenting to Senior Leadership Team as required
- Maintain contact databases and project tracking documents
- Maintain excellent financial records including invoicing and sales order processes
- Assist with development of sales collateral, support new business efforts and conduct sponsorship research as required
Key Challenges in Delivering the Role:
- Being able to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously.
- Managing the demands and requirements of each stakeholder without showing preference.
- Understanding a wide range of rights and the Olympic regulations to effectively deliver assets and maintain strong relationships with sponsors.
Relationships and Interfaces:
- All BOA Commercial team, and other divisions within the BOA regarding sponsor operations, including:
- Marketing & Digital
- Communications & PR
- Games Services
- Athlete Services
- Senior Leadership Team
- Team GB domestic and worldwide partners
- Key BOA stakeholders including delivery agencies, partner agencies and (athlete) agents
- Core IT skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PPT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Sponsorship activation.
- Project management.
- Client relationship management tools and techniques.
- Excellent understanding and experience of management of sponsorship contracts.
- Knowledge of digital platforms would be advantageous though not essential.
- Sport industry and Olympic knowledge preferable.
- GDPR regulations.
Min 3 years client & project/event management with clear evidence of delivery within structured timescales.
- Sports marketing.
- NGB and athlete management.
- Approvals management.
- Experience managing digital / general marketing campaigns preferable.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change and uncertainty.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Clear communications skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Strong team player