Commercial Manager - Women's Football
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
We are excited to be searching for a Commercial Manager - Women's Football, who will manage the day-to-day delivery of commercial programme for the Barclays Women's Super League (BWSL) and Barclays Women's Championship (BWC)
You will act as a liaison with Club representatives, FA internal teams and external suppliers on all aspects of commercial delivery including management of associated governance for the leagues.
- Work with relevant personnel at BWSL and BWC clubs (incl. General Managers and commercial & marketing contacts) on management and delivery of commercial rights.
- Work with relevant FA internal teams (i.e. Broadcast, Partnerships, Communications, Marketing) to implement commercial rights programme for BWSL and BWC and ensure delivery of rights for key stakeholders.
- Key point of contact for BWSL and BWC clubs to provide support and guidance where needed to develop club commercial activity and respond to commercial queries.
- Development and delivery of commercial workshops for BWSL and BWC clubs.
- Work with the Senior Commercial Manager (Women's Football) on commercial aspects of League governance - including the Club Licence, Commercial Regulations and Broadcast Regulations.
- Liaise with FA legal counsel and other relevant FA internal teams on future updates and amends to commercial aspects of League governance - including the Club Licence, Commercial Regulations and Broadcast Regulations.
- Work with the Senior Commercial Manager Women's football on the review and rewording of commercial elements of BWSL and BWC Club Licence Application.
- Coordination of and associated reporting/delivery of agreed actions from BWSL & BWC Commercial Committees.
- Oversee implementation of league matchday ground dressing across BWSL and BWC (in conjunction with the appointed League Ground Dressing Supplier and FA Partnerships, Marketing and Facilities teams), ensuring delivery of commercial rights for all stakeholders.
- Coordination of internal reports and presentations as required (e.g. Board reporting, KPIs)
- Budget management as appropriate (e.g. ground dressing, partnership client servicing)
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Understanding of commercial programmes, commercial partnerships/sponsorships and associated legal documents (sporting context)
- Understanding of brand marketing.
- Understanding of UK sports sponsorship market.
- Experience of developing & delivering commercial programmes and partnerships (sports focus)
- Experience of working with cross-functional project teams.
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Strong relationship building and relationship management skills.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills that can be used to good effect both internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with a particular focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to navigate contractual issues.
- Interest and knowledge of women's football.
- Understanding of global sports sponsorship market.
- Good contacts and relationships within UK sports sponsorship industry - rights-holders (including football clubs), brands, and agencies.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.