The Commercial Lead will be responsible for leading three areas of our Commercial programme - corporate hospitality; licencing and merchandise; fan travel.
We are on a mission to create inspirational moments that excite, engage and leave a long-lasting legacy.
Led by our values of being bold & brave, world class, authentic and inclusive, we are looking for the best talent to join our team.
We have a ‘start-up’ culture with a ‘high bar’ mentality to everything we do - we need to ensure that all touch points of the tournament are world class.
We require innovators and have to create an environment where all our teammates flourish.
We have a leader-leader culture (not followers), with each teammate taking responsibility and accountability for their actions and results to move the business forward - we want people with a glass half full mindset!
We move at pace and have plenty to achieve in the next two years, so need people who are hungry to use their skills and experience but also have a desire to learn more.
With a great choice of rewards and training, we provide a progressive culture to learn and develop your career.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
You’ll be responsible for leading three areas of our Commercial programme:
- Corporate hospitality.
- Licensing and merchandise.
- Fan travel.
We invest in and use research and data to inform and make decisions, so you’ll need an insight led approach to your work.
- Working with our appointed hospitality agency, you’ll develop and manage our corporate hospitality experience.
- You’ll be responsible for the end to end process from launch, sales, and delivery and fulfilment at tournament time.
Licensing & Merchandise:
- You’ll lead our strategy covering our brand, products, marketing, promotion and distribution.
- We want to increase visibility, sales and maximise industry trends such as personalisation and the role of technology.
- We’ll need some help, so you’ll secure and manage the necessary agencies/licensees to work with you.
- With 32 competing teams in RLWC2021, people from across the world will be coming to England to experience our tournament.
- Your role will be to secure and work with our Sports Travel Partner(s) to provide UK and International fan travel packages.
- We need to provide once in a lifetime experiences at stadia, towns and cities across England for event goers.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Day-to-day ownership of RLWC2021 Corporate Hospitality, Licensing & Merchandise, and Fan Travel, including:
- Continuing and developing an insight led approach.
- Appointing and managing agency partners across all three areas.
- Creating and owning each respective business plan to meet agreed targets.
- Producing and shaping our propositions.
- Responsibility for end to end project management.
- Supporting the delivery of RLWC2021 tournament objectives.
- Assume additional duties as required, and actively contribute to RLWC2021 values.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven experience within a relevant commercial role in the sports industry, ideally including hospitality, licensing and merchandise, and fan travel.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Great examples of delivering world class experiences.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and working with agencies.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Budget responsibility for hospitality, licensing and merchandise, and fan travel.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and a high level of computer proficiency.
- Enjoys multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Great with people, with a flexible approach and an ability to influence.
- An excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated - someone who is reliable, can take ownership and prioritise, whilst also being able to work as part of a small and agile team.
To apply please send us a covering letter of why you think you’re suitable for the role, and an overview of your experience via a CV.
The successful candidate with report into the Commercial Director.
The closing date for applications is 11th October 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing w/c 21st October 2019.
The Rugby League World Cup 2021 is committed to equality through diversity.