Cluster Results Implementation Manager
Birmingham 2022 are looking for two experienced Cluster Results Implementation Managers who will be responsible for the planning, implementation, testing and operation of venue-based results technology infrastructure and services for a number of sports at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The RTS function is responsible for working collaboratively with several Games Partners to deliver results services but will work most closely with Longines (as the official Timing and Scoring Partner) and the Results Information Systems supplier. The role-holder will work within a team responsible for the whole chain of results delivery from acquisition to diffusion.
The salary range for this role is £50,000-£55,000.
* Work closely with the Timing & Scoring (TSR) and Results Information Systems (RIS) partners to design, plan, implement and manage results services for a selection of sports within the Commonwealth Games programme.
* Act as the primary Technology representative and subject matter expert within the Organising Committee for all matters related to results services for a selection of sports.
* Act as the single point of contact for the planning, delivery and operation of all results services across a cluster of venues and sports.
* Consult extensively with Sport and other Birmingham 2022 functional areas regarding sport requirements, competition schedules, entries, field of play plans and other results related activities.
* Develop sport results plans for the delivery of results technology services for each assigned sport.
* Plan the installation and delivery of timing and scoring equipment for each sport in conjunction with the Timing Scoring & Results provider.
* Participate in venue operational planning activities to support the implementation and operation of the RTS services.
* In collaboration with the wider RTS team and partners, oversee and provide quality assurance for all phases of results integration testing cycles and lead and execute all phases of user acceptance testing.
* In collaboration with the RTS team, develop and execute comprehensive testing plans for results applications for a selection of sports
* Prepare and maintain RTS project plans and schedules for implementation and decommissioning activities.
* Work closely with RTS Management to confirm readiness of results equipment and services for the start of competition for both test events and games-time.
* Manage the end-to-end delivery of competition results services at venues
Skills & Experience Required
* Due to the specialist and bespoke nature of systems and applications used for results services at the Commonwealth Games, previous experience at a similar multisport or elite-level sport event with equivalent systems and applications is essential
* Experience working with Results applications and/or information systems deployed at major sporting events
* Possesses an understanding of sport processes and rules at an international elite competition level
* Comfortable working in a zero error tolerant environment
* Proven record of delivering project objectives within a complex, zero error tolerant, time critical, technology, sport or event project environment
* Five years of working experience in multi-sport or similar world level events in the results technology or equivalent field
* Experience in events as well as an understanding of the language, requirements and demands of the key business stakeholders
* Experience with integrated multi-sport results systems and applications used in Commonwealth, Olympic, or equivalent level games
* Recognised project management qualification
* Understanding of software development and testing lifecycle processes
* Able to adapt style of communication and approach, communicating clearly and concisely
* Able to assess situations, analyse information and make informed decisions
* Fluency in the Olympic Data Feed protocol and development processes
* Familiarity and experience working with the Olympic Results and Information Services (ORIS)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice.)