Club & County Support Manager
Would you like to be part of the LTA's mission and deliver the vision to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable?
An exciting opportunity has just arisen for a Club & County Support Manager to join our Participation team based at the NTC in Roehampton, London
If you are ambitious and passionate about developing opportunities for people to play sport and to support and develop the tennis club network in Britain, then come and join us!
About the role
The LTA’s vision is “Tennis Opened Up” and the Participation Team are on a mission to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable. They deliver the participation strategy across the tennis landscape at a regional, county and local level, bringing their passion to the grass roots of the sport across the club, county and volunteer network, park and community tennis venues and education venues. The Club & County Support Manager will support the Head of Clubs, Counties and Volunteering to deliver strategies and plans to support and develop the tennis club network in Britain, and support County Associations to align to and deliver against a common vision and strategy for the sport in order to maximise the investment of human and financial resources to ultimately grow participation.
- Alongside the Head of Clubs, Counties and Volunteering, develop and deliver strategies and plans to support the tennis club network in Britain, focusing on enhancing membership options and growth, increasing participation and achieving long term sustainability
- Deliver innovative solutions to the management, governance and social issues that face clubs, using insight on the challenges faced by the wider club network
- Work alongside the Head of Clubs, Counties and Volunteering to develop and deploy plans and creative solutions as part of a support ‘toolkit’ to assist clubs with the issues they face, including how they become more relevant and open to the needs of their local community
- Lead and manage the LTA’s ‘Venue Registration Scheme’, ensuring it is highly valued by County Associations, Clubs, Parks, Education facilities and other tennis venues
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of LTA safeguarding standards linked to the ‘Venue Registration Scheme’
- Lead the development and delivery of the LTA’s premier national participation campaign, branded as ‘Big Tennis Weekends’
- Collate and prepare a content plan of club support related news, stories and good practice and work with the marcomms team to ensure wider promotion
- Lead and develop the relationships with preferred partner and suppliers to support clubs and facilities with their business and tennis operations
- Work with the Volunteering Manager to develop a range of training and education for clubs and volunteers that complements existing club support
- Work closely with the Participation Development Partners in order to drive engagement and improve club health within the club network. Club & County Support Manager – Job Description – January 2020
- Build and maintain strong external relationships to assist with the delivery of the LTA’s activities
- Work collaboratively across other teams within the LTA in order to identify and drive synergies and opportunities, including competitions, safeguarding, programmes and coaching.
Previous experience of:
- Delivery of a national scale sport development programme from concept to implementation / review and improve: Essential
- Delivery of innovative and creative solutions within the sports development sector in order to drive membership and participation: Essential
- A track record of success in customer relationship management with the ability to empathise with and influence a wide range of stakeholders: Essential
- Developing and managing multiple relationships with national and local partners and organisations: Essential
- Developing practical solutions based on research and insight: Desirable
- Previous work experience in an National Governing Body or a National Membership Body: Desirable
Knowledge, Training & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate a level of operation and understanding consistent with degree level: Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of local, County, Regional and National sports structures: Essential
- Knowledge of the UK sports and leisure market, including; membership clubs, commercial clubs, parks, leisure operators and other partners: Essential
- Exceptional personal communications, organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills Essential Competent IT skills (Word/ Excel/PowerPoint/Databases/Microsoft Office/internet). Essential
- Knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM system Essential Sports development and/or sports facility management qualifications Desirable
- A great communicator both internally & externally
- Always prepared to work collaboratively
- Works well as part of a regional team, working remotely across large areas
- Works openly & honestly in the interests of the team
- Will always suggest improvements to ways of working
- Will be comfortable challenging groups or individuals to ensure high levels of work
- Treats others as you wish to be treated
- Committed to growing the sport of tennis
- Highly proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Hard working & driven to succeed and achieve our mission
- Passionate about developing opportunities for people to play sport
- Always aims to achieve the best possible outcome
- Develops plans based on best practise and previous experience
- Seeks support from colleagues to improve outcomes
- Will be happy to take the more challenging route if it results in higher quality outputs
Closing date for applications is Sunday 2nd February.
Interviews are expected to be held during the week commencing 10th February.