Chief Executive Officer (M/W)
Bloch consulting is working with UTMB Group in the search of their Chief Executive Officer (M/W).
UTMB® is the trail event of all superlatives! For the last 17 years, the world class trail elite gather at Chamonix accompanied by 10 000 passionate runners to participate in one of the event’s 7 races.
Being part of the UTMB, as a runner or a spectator, is to feel the rhythm of the trail planet and share a unique and extraordinary party at the very heart of a territory completely mobilized for the event. 2,000 volunteers from 15 different countries, and 18 French, Italian and Swiss cities of the Mont-Blanc Territory will be fully part of the event’s success and will support the UTMB® runners. They will be supported by 20 000 supporters there to cheer on their relatives and more than 50 000 spectators are expected on site to visit the exhibition hall and participate in the activations scheduled on all sites of the Mont-Blanc Territory.
This is how the UTMB® has become one of the most prestigious events on the planet, presented as the « World Trail Summit”. Its unique expertise is now an inspiration source for many event organizers, especially in the countries or continents who are just getting started with / discovering trail running. In this context, UTMB® International is getting structured to move forward and to control the UTMB® brand development globally with the many demands of organizers around the world.
As part of an evolution of its operational governance and the implementation of an ambitious international development policy, UTMB Group is looking for a: Chief Executive Officer (M/W) Based in Chamonix, France
Directly reporting to the presidency of the Group Board, the UTMB Group CEO will have as main duties:
- Defined with the Presidency and validated by the group administrators, implement the development strategy on a daily basis at national and international levels;
- Manage UTMB Group’s direction board and the teams allocated to the organization of all UTMB’s events in respect of the group’s DNA;
- Manager the relation with local, national and international partners – private or public – of all events directly handled by the group as well as the franchised events;
- With the support of the President, represent UTMB Group with all sportspersons in France and worldwide;
- Establish strong relationships with event organizers benefiting from the By UTMB franchise and develop a large network to achieve objectives set by the Administration Board/Council with the group international development strategy;
- Prepare the group’s annual budgets for validation by the Administration Board/Council and be responsible for their execution of all services (involved);
- Ensure precise and regular monitoring of the actions implemented – in France and worldwide – to the group’s administrators;
Your Profile !
- Significant and successful experience on a similar job, ideally in the outdoor sport sector, which gives you an excellent understanding of UTMB Group’s stakes and a perfect knowledge of the market stakeholders;
- Strong experience in development and brand & events representation at an international level – Fluent English (writing, spoken, listening) is essential;
- Strong proficiency of managerial techniques and team leadership (both employees and volunteers);
- A good financial background will help you to elaborate and follow the annual budgets;
- A very high availability in the light of the international development objectives;
- French speaking/writing/listening is mandatory ;
Your skills !
- Being fully in line with UTMB Group values: authenticity, respect, humility and solidarity;
- Leadership and ability to unite around your objectives;
- Ability to convince and influence;
- Excellent analysis and synthesis skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Being able to take decisions;
- Objectives and results oriented spirit;
- Adaptable and flexible
- Team Spirit